B.S. Healthcare Administration and Public Health
The Healthcare Administration & Public Health program provides students with academic training necessary to become leaders, managers and professionals in roles that are focused on the organization, structure and delivery of healthcare.
Undergraduate Healthcare Administration & Public Health majors pursue careers including healthcare management, marketing, research, quality improvement, public health, and public policy. Healthcare is the largest industry in the United States, with more than 11 million jobs. Employment in healthcare offers students an -opportunity to serve people in every segment of our society by improving personal and population health.
First-year international applicants must submit official copies of one test that assesses English competency. Husson University accepts the TOEFL (minimum score of 75) or IELTS (minimum score 6). Students who have been studying in a total English immersion environment for two or more years may replace the test of English competency with the SAT or ACT. In addition, after acceptance, students will complete an English and Math Placement Exam prior to class placement. Assessments help to ensure course placements that provide the strongest support for academic success.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
General Education Courses
- Rhetoric and Composition I
- Rhetoric and Composition II
- Writing in the Health Professions
- The Husson Experience
- Basic Database Design and Implementation
- Spreadsheet Concepts and Applications
- Probability and Statistics
- General Psychology
- Human Growth and Development
- Functional Anatomy and Physiology
- Research Design
- Deductive Math Elective
- Fine Arts Elective
- Historical Elective
- Humanities Elective
- Lab Science Elective
- Literature Elective
- Philosophical Elective
- Open Electives
- Open Elective or Bridge Elective
- Open Elective or Foreign Culture and Conversation Elective
- Open Elective or Sustainability Elective
Choose One Of The Following
- Functional Anatomy and Physiology Lab
- Open Elective
- Introduction to Health Care Studies
- Medical Terminology
- Introduction to Public Health
- Global Health
- Healthcare Management and Organization
- Healthcare Law and Ethics
- Health Economics and Policy
- Health Care Studies Senior Experience
- Health Care Studies Internship
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Our flexible course schedules, full-time and part-time tracks, multiple locations and online learning options make it possible for you to earn your degree with the flexibility you need as a working professional.
Regular Undergraduate Tuition
$612 per credit hour or $18,972 for a full-load
$550 per credit hour
Completion of a Healthcare Administration & Public Health degree enables students to:
- Understand and describe the complex structure of the United States healthcare system, including the high value placed on individual choices about healthcare
- Articulate the inherent tensions and difficulty in providing healthcare that is high quality, easily accessible, and at reasonable cost.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how social issues, cultural context, and population demographics influence healthcare policy and the structure of healthcare delivery systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of economic principles and public health policy that shape our current healthcare system at different levels of analysis (national, organizational, provider).
- Understand principles and practices of good healthcare management and leadership.
- Apply principles of evidence-based practice, quantitative reasoning and objective measurement in the design and evaluation of healthcare delivery systems.
- Apply health care research and evidence-based practices to the delivery of healthcare.
- Acquire skills that allow for successful entry into graduate programs in a chosen healthcare profession.
Upon completion of the degree, students are prepared for careers in public health administration, healthcare management, healthcare equipment and technology businesses, and health insurance.
About this institute
At Husson University, it’s all about you. You won’t be lost in a crowd. You’ll learn from professors who care about you. You’ll learn hands-on, earning a degree and skills that will prepare you for a rewarding, successful career. Best...
Want to know more about B.S. in Healthcare Administration and Public Health? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Honolulu, United States of America
Bangor, United States of America
High Wycombe, England