B.S. Data Analytics
Data analytics is all about problem solving. An offshoot of Data Science, students in this area of study use tools from computer science, mathematics, statistics, and communication to collect, organize, and analyze material that explains problems, and then to interpret and communicate what they've learned in order to make informed decisions. Applied data analytics engages a wide range of fields—business and finance, energy, the environment, healthcare, logistics, and security. To summarize, a data analytics degree helps develop skills necessary to identify problems, explain them and make informed decisions regarding possible solutions.
The undergraduate data analytics degree prepares students to assist a wide variety of employers with the collection and interpretation of information to best serve clients, customers, and the public. Data Analytics majors build upon a foundation in mathematics and statistics to focus on one of three concentrations—biostatistics, computational analytics, or business analytics. Students completing the data analytics degree program are prepared to enter professions using data analytics or pursue graduate education in statistics, mathematical modeling, or more advanced analytical techniques.
First-year international applicants must submit official copies of one test that assesses English competency. Husson University accepts the TOEFL (minimum score of 75) or IELTS (minimum score 6). Students who have been studying in a total English immersion environment for two or more years may replace the test of English competency with the SAT or ACT. In addition, after acceptance, students will complete an English and Math Placement Exam prior to class placement. Assessments help to ensure course placements that provide the strongest support for academic success.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Students build upon a foundation in mathematics and statistics to focus on one of three concentrations - biostatistics, computational analytics, or business analytics. They use tools from computer science, mathematics, and statistics to collect, organize, and analyze material that explains problems, and then they interpret and communicate what they've learned in order to make informed decisions. Applied data analytics engages a wide range of fields such as business and finance, energy, the environment, healthcare, logistics, and security. Students completing the B.S. degree are prepared to enter professions using data analytics or pursue graduate education in statistics, mathematical modeling, or more advanced analytical techniques.
Our flexible course schedules, full-time and part-time tracks, multiple locations and online learning options make it possible for you to earn your degree with the flexibility you need as a working professional.
Regular Undergraduate Tuition
$612 per credit hour or $18,972 for a full-load
$550 per credit hour
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Solve complex problems using the tools and techniques found in various application areas (e.g., Business and Health Care).
- Write clear and efficient code in the programming languages relevant to Data Analytics, following appropriate coding standards and industry practices.
- Analyze data, test claims, and draw valid conclusions using appropriate statistical methodology.
- Retrieve, organize and manipulate data using a variety of analytical tools.
- Apply visual representation methods and techniques to explain complex data and models.
- Use appropriate resources to research, develop and contribute to advances and trends within the field of Data Analytics.
- Interpret and present visually, orally and in written form, valid conclusions drawn from data analysis in a collaborative way.
- Identify, explain, and apply fundamental data analytics concepts within identified content
- Work within groups to create projects and participate in experiential learning through simulated and real scenarios.
- Develop and apply a personal code of values and ethics that includes, among other things, a commitment to personal and social understanding.
- Bank Examiner
- Benefits Administrator
- Budget Analyst
- Business Operations Manager
- Contract Administrator
- Cost Estimator
- Credit/Loan officer
- Database Manager
- Data Scientist
- External Auditor
- Information Technology
- Insurance broker
- Inventory Control Specialist
- Investment Researcher
- Market Analyst
- Payroll Manager
- Systems Analyst
About this institute
At Husson University, it’s all about you. You won’t be lost in a crowd. You’ll learn from professors who care about you. You’ll learn hands-on, earning a degree and skills that will prepare you for a rewarding, successful career. Best...
Want to know more about B.S. in Data Analytics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Potsdam, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Melbourne (Australia), Australia