Bachelor of Applied Computer Science - Major Cybersecurity
In this bachelor major you study the specific problems in the field of security and learn how to arm yourself against them. As a Cyber Security specialist you will be trained in the very latest technologies and techniques in the field of cyber security, cyber crime and cyber warfare. The Cyber Security specialist provides more security and privacy in the digital world.
As a pioneer in offering education for ground-breaking new technologies, Howest was one of the first to respond to the lack of industry-ready, practice-oriented Cyber Security Professionals by offering this bachelor program. Innovative subjects like Cyber Warfare and security in 5G, Blockchain, and AI are included.
Of course, you will also learn the basics of hardware and desktop operating systems, networks and software development including Secure Development and much more. This implies that we do not require prior knowledge or experience with IT (security) though an affinity for working with computers is, of course, a benefit.
- A copy of your certified/legalised and translated (high school) diploma
- Proof of English language proficiency (minimum CEF B2 level)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Hardware and Desktop Operating Systems
- Problem Solving
- Software Development I
- Web Development
- Cyber Security Fundamentals
- Computer Networks
- Application Prototyping
- Software Development I
- Web, Mobile and Security
- Project Communication
- Project I - Programming Project
- Operating Systems Concepts
- Information Systems
- Software Development III
- Statistics and Decision Making
- Web Technology, Security and Honeypot
- Project II - Analysis and Development Project
- Windows and Linux Server
- Software Development IV
- Network and System Pentesting
- Forensic Analysis
- Practical Reverse Engineering and Malware Analysis
- Mobile Security
- Data Privacy and IT Law
- Project III - International Project
- Datacenter Technology and Security
- Windows and Linux Server Security
- Network and CCNA Security
- Security Management Threat and Risk Assessment
- Emergent Security Techniques
- ICT Management
- Project IV - Security Project
- Bachelor Thesis
- Seminars, Study Visits and Challenge
The tuition fee is € 947.20 per year (for 60 credits)
Credits: 180 ECTS
About this institute
Howest University of Applied Sciences
Howest is an entrepreneurial University of Applied Sciences known for its innovative and interdisciplinary approach to education and research, and its close collaboration with industry, business and the social profit sector. Howest is renowned for its Tech, Design and Art...
Why study at Howest University of Applied Sciences
- Renowned Tech programmes
- Connection with the industry.
- Future-proof skills and job guarantee
Want to know more about Bachelor of Applied Computer Science - Major Cybersecurity? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...