MSc in Corporate Governance and ComplianceHong Kong Baptist University / HKBU
About this program
MSc in Corporate Governance and Compliance (MScCGC)
The mission of the MSc in Corporate Governance and Compliance is to provide specialized training and practical knowledge to prepare directors, company secretaries and compliance professionals for strengthening the sustainability and accountability of their organizations. The School of Business aims to achieve all that with an expert teaching team and innovative curriculum.
Students will receive an all-rounded education in corporate governance to meet the challenges of an increasingly complex regulatory environment and ever-rising expectation of shareholders and stakeholders.
The programme contains 8 core courses and 2 electives. It is available in both full time and part time modes to suit individual study preference. Qualified applicants who are interested in corporate governance of commercial companies and NGO are welcome.
Graduates of the Programme are eligible to apply for full exemption from the examination requirements of The Chartered Governance Institute (formerly The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators or ICSA) and The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries (HKICS).
A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university or comparable institution, or an equivalent qualification (such as a recognised professional qualification in accounting or finance).
Language Proficiency Requirement
If English was not the medium of instruction for undergraduate studies, applicants should possess evidence of good English of proficiency:
- a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based) /79 (internet-based); or
- IELTS (academic) overall band score of 6.5; or
- an equivalent score on a comparable test.
Applicants are preferably with three years of relevant work experience.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Governance and Compliance
To solve complex governance and compliance problem with a sound understanding of relevant law and regulations / stakeholders’ expectations / international best practices.
To analyse critically the information required to executive the functions of corporate administration and compliance management effectively.
Judgement, solutions, integrity
To formulate independent judgement and innovative solutions to resolve governance and compliance problems with the standards that uphold professional integrity.
To communicate effectively in team, orally, and through writing for implementing corporate governance practices and fulfilling regulatory requirements.
- Graduates of the Programme are eligible to apply for full exemption from the examination requirements ofThe Chartered Governance Institute (formerly The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administratiors or ICSA) andThe Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries (HKICS).
- Students are required to take eight core courses and two electives. The eight core courses are based on the corresponding papers of the International Qualifying Examination of HKICS. Upon successful completion of the Programme, students will be awarded the degree of Master of Science in Corporate Governance and Compliance, and are eligible to apply for full exemption from the examination requirements of ICSA and HKICS.
8 core courses and 2 electives in a variety of disciplines:
- Legal studies
- Business Ethics
Various pedagogical approaches
Medium size class
(40 part-time + 10 full-time students)
Scholarships & funding
International Postgraduate Scholarship
To enhance internationalisation and provide students with a global educational experience, an International Postgraduate Scholarship is offered to outstanding international students.
- Scholarship recipients will get full tuition waiver plus HK$100,000 living allowance (approx. US$12,820).
- Eligible international applicants will be automatically considered for the scholarship based on their all-round record and interview performance.
HKBU MScCGC Award Scheme
1. The MScCGC HKBU Alumni Entrance Awards
- HK$10,000, 5 awards are available
- BU (including UIC) undergraduate alumni
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience at enrollment
- Attained an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above at the first trimester of the intake year (subject to no failed course grade)
2. The MScCGC Graduation Academic Awards
- Distinction Award: HK$10,000
Attained an overall cumulative GPA of 3.67 or above at graduation*
- Merit Award: a certificate
Attained an overall cumulative GPA of 3.40 to 3.66 at graduation*
* Subject to the same conditions applied to the University’s academic standing
3. The MScCGC HKBU Local Entrance Awards
- An amount equivalent to 1/3 of the total programme fee of the intake year
- Up to 3 awards are available each academic year
- At enrollment, participants must be
A local resident of Hong Kong
Have 5 years of work experience or above
- Complete the whole programme within 2 academic years
- A minimum 3.33 GPA at graduation
For more information about scholarships, please contact the university.
Note: Tuition fees are subject to annual review.
Message the school
About this institute
Hong Kong Baptist University / HKBU
Since 1956, Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU), School of Business has provided innovative business education to students from across the globe. HKBU School of Business has achieved recognition from the three largest and most influential business school accreditation associations. The...
Why study at Hong Kong Baptist University / HKBU
A few reasons to study at HKBU School of Business:
- HKBU School of Business is based in one of world’s most important financial centres and is strategically located to effectively address major global trade and business developments.
- Along with the HKBU mission focusing on Whole Person Development, the School focuses on holistic business education. Students are equipped with employable skills, because of which graduates are highly regarded by employers.
- There are many programmes for students to choose from, including a BBA programme and 14 postgraduate programmes, ranging from master’s level to PhD.
HKBU School of Business is recognised worldwide as:
- The only business school in Hong Kong and among the 1% of schools worldwide to be accredited by AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS.
- The longest-established publicly funded business school in Hong Kong, established in 1956 and having an alumni network of over 20,000.
- A Top 25 Asia-Pacific Business School (Financial Times in 2018).
- A Top 15 Young University in Asia (QS World University Rankings for the last five years).
- HKBU ranked 60th in the world (Times Higher Education World University Impact Rankings in 2019).
Want to know more about MSc in Corporate Governance and Compliance? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...