About this program
MSc in Business Management (MScBM)
A cosmopolitan city linking China with the rest of the world, Hong Kong is the essential gateway through which the PRC and the global polity negotiate a common future.
The Master of Science in Business Management (MScBM) empowers young executives and fresh graduates to leverage Hong Kong’s unique position to propel their careers. Combining a sound foundation in core business disciplines with the skills needed to succeed in the digital economy, our MScBM ensures graduates will thrive in today’s globalized business world.
Adding to our rigorous academics approach, our innovative “Executive Development Series” immerses students in “live-learning” experiences that combine hard knowledge with practical skills, while our international exchange programme gives our students the opportunity to experience the reality of globalization in some of the world’s best universities.
Crafted for individuals keen to become the global business leaders of tomorrow, the Programme can be completed full-time in a year. We invite you to take part in this educational journey that will equip you with the global management skills, digital insights, critical thinking and ethical standards needed to meet the challenges ahead.
- Global Top 100 MiM Programme: The School of Business was named as one of the top 25 business schools in the Asia-Pacific region while our MScBM was ranked in the world’s top 100 Master in Management (MiM) programmes by The Financial Times in 2021.The programme ranked 11th globally in terms of achievement of alumni, with 83% of alumni reporting fulfilment of their goals upon completion of the programme. The programme also ranked 31st globally for alumni career progression and 33rd for percentage salary increase in the first three years after graduation.
- Triple Accreditation: HKBU School of Business is amongst the 1% of business schools worldwide accredited by the three leading international accreditation bodies focused on business education. These accreditations help the School benchmark itself against an array of stringent norms shared by business schools around the world and reflect our commitment to excellence.
Holistic Curriculum in Business
The MScBM Programme's holistic curriculum helps young business executives and fresh graduates develop the mix of skills and knowledge needed to succeed in a business world powered by the digital economy, innovations, big data, entrepreneurship and creativity while giving them a solid foundation in fundamental business disciplines.
Multi-modal and Global Learning
Combining rigorous academics with a rich array of transformational activities such as field studies and international exchanges, our programme immerses students in a dynamic, multifaceted and cross-cultural educational experience tailored to the changing business world.
Diversified Ambience On Campus
The programme faculty and students, originating from a mix of countries, cultures, academic and professional backgrounds, are vital contributors to our rich and diverse communities and perspectives.
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or comparable institution; or a professional qualification deemed to be equivalent;
- English proficiency*;
- A satisfactory performance in the admissions interview**; and
- GMAT is not required but highly encouraged.
Applicants should submit a personal statement of not more than 500 words on their motivation to study the programme, as part of the application materials. Moreover, applicants have to supply the names of two referees qualified to provide information concerning the applicants’ ability to compete the Programme satisfactorily.
* Since English is the medium of instruction, applicants should possess a good command of English, both written and spoken. If English was not the medium of instruction for the first degree, applicants are required to provide evidence of English proficiency, eg. English standard with a minimum TOEFL score of 79 (internet-based) or IELTS overall band score of 6.5 or qualifications deemed to be equivalent.
** The Admissions Panel will assess the motivation, maturity, communication skills, language proficiency and suitability of the applicants for the programme at the interview. The interview will be group-based and interactive. A programme-administered written test on English proficiency will be conducted prior to the interview..
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
MScBM Scholarships and Awards Scheme
An array of MScBM scholarships and awards scheme is set up to reward outstanding students, including International Postgraduate Scholarship, MScBM Diversity Contribution Scholarship, MScBM Entrance Award and Graduation Academic Awards.
Executive Development Series
- The Executive Development Series supplements the curriculum with a programme of activities designed to help students get a better understanding of the wide range of practical skills needed to succeed in business.
- Seminars and company visits enables students to network with business leaders and gain insights on current business issues, while skill workshops equip them with critical skills in leadership, communication and professionalism. The Career Development Series features career-focused workshops that prepare graduates for the job market.
International Exchange Programme
- The international exchange programme provides a valuable opportunity for students to broaden their horizon as well as to enhance cross-cultural communication. Students can also choose to obtain an additional MSc degree in a year after graduation in Sweden and Taiwan.
Students will develop knowledge in major functional areas of modern business, with emphasis on the integration of the multiple dimensions of international business.
Students will develop knowledge of organisations, their management, and the global environment in which they operate.
Students will develop ability to apply the knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex issues of modern days, both systematically and creatively, to improve business and management practices.
Students will acquire knowledge of business ethics, CSR and corporate sustainability issues affecting business.
Students can complete whole programme full-time in a year.
However, students can choose to extend the normal study period by a summer or semester by participating in the International Exchange Programmes recognised by the School.
The MScBM Programme consists of 11 courses (equivalent to 33 units) : 6 core courses, 2 required courses and 3 elective courses.
Under special circumstances, students may take a maximum of 2 courses from the School's specialised Master's Degree programmes to replace the 2 elective courses.
Scholarships & funding
International Postgraduate Scholarship
All eligible international applicants are be considered for the International Postgraduate Scholarships simultaneously. A separate application for a scholarship is not required. International Postgraduate Scholarships are offered to outstanding international students based on their all-round record and interview performance. Recipients will receive a full tuition waiver and a living allowance of HK$100,000 (approx. US$12,820).
MScBM Diversity Contribution Scholarship
This scholarship is attributed to new entrants who can enhance the diversity of the programme based on criteria like their international exposure, cultural experiences, overseas education, work experience, special achievement and talents. A two-tier scholarship is designed for the Diversity Contribution Scholarship: (1) Full-tuition fee waiver; or (2) Half tuition fee waiver.
MScBM Entrance Award
The MScBM Entrance Award is particularly awarded to the MScBM applicants who are local Hong Kong residents and those from the mainland. Each awardee would be given a maximum amount of HK$100,000.
Graduation Academic Awards
The Graduation Academic Awards reward students for their academic achievements in their MScBM:
- Distinction Award: MScBM students who have attained a cumulative GPA of 3.67 to 4.0 at graduation (subject to the same conditions applied to the Distinction academic standing) will be granted a Distinction Award worth HK$10,000.
- Merit Award: MScBM students who have attained cumulative GPA of 3.40 to 3.66 at graduation (subject to the same conditions applied to the Merit academic standings) will receive a certificate as recognition of their achievements.
Continued Education Fund (CEF)
Eligible applicants can apply for the HKSAR's Continuing Education Fund (CEF) for reimbursement of fees up to a maximum sum of HK$20,000 within one year upon successful completion of CEF reimbursable courses.
Non-means Tested Loan
Local students are eligible to apply for the Non-means Tested Loan Scheme provided by the Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency of HKSAR.
For more information about scholarships, please contact the university.
Local students: HK$262,000
Non-local students: HK$342,000
Note: Tuition fees are subject to annual review.
Message the school
About this institute
Hong Kong Baptist University / HKBU
Since 1956, Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU), School of Business has provided innovative business education to students from across the globe. HKBU School of Business has achieved recognition from the three largest and most influential business school accreditation associations. The...
Why study at Hong Kong Baptist University / HKBU
A few reasons to study at HKBU School of Business:
- HKBU School of Business is based in one of world’s most important financial centres and is strategically located to effectively address major global trade and business developments.
- Along with the HKBU mission focusing on Whole Person Development, the School focuses on holistic business education. Students are equipped with employable skills, because of which graduates are highly regarded by employers.
- There are many programmes for students to choose from, including a BBA programme and 14 postgraduate programmes, ranging from master’s level to PhD.
HKBU School of Business is recognised worldwide as:
- The only business school in Hong Kong and among the 1% of schools worldwide to be accredited by AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS.
- The longest-established publicly funded business school in Hong Kong, established in 1956 and having an alumni network of over 20,000.
- A Top 25 Asia-Pacific Business School (Financial Times in 2018).
- A Top 15 Young University in Asia (QS World University Rankings for the last five years).
- HKBU ranked 60th in the world (Times Higher Education World University Impact Rankings in 2019).
Want to know more about MSc in Business Management (MScBM)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!