Master of Human Resources Management (MHRM)Hong Kong Baptist University / HKBU
Master of Human Resources Management (MHRM)
This Master of Human Resources Management (MHRM) programme is designed for individuals who intend to pursue a professional career in human resources management. The programme will also benefit practicing human resources professionals who have little or no formal human resources management training or education, as well as line managers who seek an advanced education in the principles and practice of people management.
Upon completion of the Programme, graduates will possess:
- People-management competencies
Graduates of the programme will have the necessary HR knowledge, skills and competencies to successfully carry out operational HR functions that translate HR policies and procedures into positive HR outcomes.
- Evaluation and advisory competencies
Graduates of the programme will have the ability to evaluate and develop people-management programmes and processes, based on a sound knowledge of the principles of employee motivation and engagement, and an awareness of the importance of the organisational and cultural context and of ethical principles.
- Personal and professional development
Graduates of the programme will be effective communicators, analytical and critical thinkers, who will appreciate the importance of life-long learning and continuing professional development.
This programme is mapped to the CIPD Level 7 Advanced Certificate in Human Resources. As the CIPD Approved Centre, MHRM students who register as CIPD student members are eligible to achieve the CIPD Level 7 Advanced Certificate in Human Resources qualification and apply for the CIPD Associate membership after graduation.
A recognised bachelor’s degree or an equivalent professional qualification (with no work experience requirement); or
A recognised diploma plus a minimum of four years of work experience.
Language Proficiency Requirement
If English was not the medium of instruction for the first degree, applicants must meet the English language requirement as stipulated below:
- TOEFL iBT: overall band score not lower than 79; or
- IELTS (Academic): overall band score not lower than 6.5.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Students are required to take a total of ten courses (i.e. 30 units) for the MHRM programme.
- Human Resources Planning and Staffing*
- Training and Development*
- Performance Management*
- Compensation and Benefits*
- Employment Relations and Practices*
- Ethics in Human Resources Management*
- Human Resources Research Methods and Analytics
- Degree Project
Elective Courses (select 2 courses)
- Human Resources Management in the PRC*
- International and Comparative HRM*
- Employee Engagement and Well-being
* These courses have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund. The Master of Human Resources Management programme of these courses are recognised under the Qualifications Framework (QF Level 6).
Scholarships & funding
International Postgraduate Scholarship
International Postgraduate Scholarship is offered to outstanding international students. Scholarship recipients will get full tuition waiver plus HK$100,000 living allowance (Approx. US$12,820). Eligible international applicants from countries/ regions outside the mainland China, Macau and Hong Kong will be automatically considered for the scholarship based on their all-round record and interview performance. The scholarship recipients will receive special/additional notice if the admission offer is provided with IPS.
Graduation Academic Award
The Graduation Academic Award is designed to reward students who have attained excellent scholastic performance in their MHRM study at HKBU. The award is worth HK$8,000 and is available to the top 3 students who have attained:
Cumulative GPA of 3.4 or above;
No repeated courses; and
No course grade below B-
HKBU Alumni Entrance Award
The HKBU Alumni Entrance Award aims to encourage our HKBU Bachelor’s Degree alumni to pursue continuous learning. The award is worth HK$8,000 and is available to a maximum of 2 top alumni students with the highest accumulative GPA.
The award recipients will be notified during Orientation and shall receive HK$2,000 in the first semester of their MHRM study at HKBU and HK$2,000 per semester, starting from the second semester upon achieving cumulative GPA of 3.4 or above (out of 4.0 maximum) in each semester of MHRM study.
HKBU Bachelor’s Degree alumni;
Limited to the top two alumni students with highest accumulative GPA; and
Overall Degree standing should not be lowered than Second Class Honour Division I
Students can apply for the HKSAR’s Continuing Education Fund (CEF)f or a reimbursement up to HK$20,000 (from 1 April 2019) and/or HKSAR’s Government Extended Non-Means Tested Loan Schemes (ENLS).
For more information about scholarships, please contact the university.
Local students: HK$152,000
Non-local students: HK$189,000
Note: Tuition fees are subject to annual review.
What makes the Master of Human Resources Management (MHRM) programme offered by HKBU School of Business so appealing to international students? Bella Sanusi from Indonesia and Unchisa Jarungjitsunthon from Thailand are eager to share their wonderful experiences with you!
About this institute
Hong Kong Baptist University / HKBU
Since 1956, Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU), School of Business has provided innovative business education to students from across the globe. HKBU School of Business has achieved recognition from the three largest and most influential business school accreditation associations. The...
Why study at Hong Kong Baptist University / HKBU
A few reasons to study at HKBU School of Business:
- HKBU School of Business is based in one of world’s most important financial centres and is strategically located to effectively address major global trade and business developments.
- Along with the HKBU mission focusing on Whole Person Development, the School focuses on holistic business education. Students are equipped with employable skills, because of which graduates are highly regarded by employers.
- There are many programmes for students to choose from, including a BBA programme and 14 postgraduate programmes, ranging from master’s level to PhD.
HKBU School of Business is recognised worldwide as:
- The only business school in Hong Kong and among the 1% of schools worldwide to be accredited by AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS.
- The longest-established publicly funded business school in Hong Kong, established in 1956 and having an alumni network of over 20,000.
- A Top 25 Asia-Pacific Business School (Financial Timesin 2018).
- A Top 15 Young University in Asia (QS World University Rankingsfor the last five years).
- HKBU ranked 60thin the world (Times Higher Education World University Impact Rankings in 2019).
Want to know more about Master of Human Resources Management (MHRM)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain