About this program
Medical Billing and Coding, AAS
This Associate of Applied Science Degree program prepares students for careers as an AAPC-credentialed medical coder. Medical groups and physician practices. Courses in this program will also articulate with Tacoma Community College’s Health Information Technology (HIT) program. Graduates from this program will be prepared to sit for the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) professional coding certification.
- Completion of a minimum of 90 college-level credits (courses numbered 100 or above);
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative college-level GPA;
- Completion of at least 23 of the total required credits at Highline with a minimum 2.0 GPA (known as the residency credit requirement);
- Any course taken in the AA, AS, AAS degrees must be a D (1.0 GPA) or better.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Professional-Technical Core Courses:
- Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Health Data Structure, Content & Standards
- Outpatient Diagnostic Coding
- Anatomy and Physiology for Pro-Fee Coding
- Advanced Outpatient Coding
- Pathophysiology for Coders
- CPT Coding
- Exam Preparation (AAPC)
- Health Law and Ethics
- Medical Insurance
- Job Readiness
- Medical Coding Practicum
Please check the program webpage for more information about its courses.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
Please visit the college website for more information about tuition fees
- Identify and adhere to systems that ensure the protection of health information, to include health law, data privacy, confidentiality and security, and the release of information.
- Explain data and use technology found in health information technologies.
- Apply policies and procedures for the use of data required in healthcare reimbursement and evaluate the revenue cycle process.
- Demonstrate understanding of medical code sets to include ICD-10-CM and CPT.
- Identify policies and apply procedures for compliance of healthcare regulatory requirements, to include medical coding, fraud surveillance, and clinical documentation improvement.
- Identify major concepts in supporting body of knowledge to include pathophysiology and pharmacology, anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, and computer applications.
- Prepare effective written and oral communication.
Message the school
About this institute
Highline College prides itself as being the 5th most diverse college in the entire USA. It is located in the breathtaking Pacific Northwest, which is home to renowned national parks, a stunning coastline and peninsula, a rainforest, the North Cascade...
Why study at Highline College
- Award-winning college (ranked in the top 150 community colleges in the USA in 2021)
- Individual advising to help you meet your goals
- New on campus student housing
- University Transfer Pathways with many four-year university partners
- Over 120 programs, certificates and degrees and still growing
- U.S. high school diploma awarded after completing a 2-year degree with no additional requirements.
- Active student life with many activities, programming, communities and leadership opportunities
- Beautiful location just next to Seattle and the Puget Sound waterway
- Internship &, scholarships opportunities
- Unique OPT, CPT and internship opportunities
Want to know more about Medical Billing and Coding, AAS? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
New York City, United States of America
Appleton, United States of America
Campbellsville, United States of America
Appleton, United States of America
San Jose, United States of America