M.Sc. in Management of Product DevelopmentHector School of Engineering and Management
M.Sc. in Management of Product Development
ASD - Agile Systems Design
The Master Program in Management of Product Development (MPD) enables participants to analyze, design, operate, and implement product development processes in their companies in an optimized way. Based on a highly integrative and creative approach, they can successfully translate innovative ideas into competitive products.
First academic degree: Bachelor, Master, Diploma, etc. (University, University of Applied Sciences, Cooperative State University) in a relevant subject, such as Engineering, Natural Sciences, Information Science or Economics. In exceptional cases other degrees may be accepted.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience in the specific field of the Master Program
- References are needed as evidence
- Evidence of an adequate knowledge of the English language is required. Usually in the form of a TOEFL (at least 90 points iBT) or an equal qualification which must be checked individually.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The master program is split into 5 Engineering Modules and 5 Management Modules, each lasting 2 weeks over a period of 15 months. The modules are followed by a master thesis written in the company and often used as an innovation project for the company.
Topics in MPD:
- Integrated product development: process planning with e.g. portfolio analysis, value analysis, DSM
- Agile methods & scrum in product development
- Efficiency improvement & target costing in PD
- Simulation methods (e.g. FEM, BEM)
- PLM, PDM, ERP, CRM & SCM systems
- Computer science & lifecycle management for engineers
- Virtual Engineering (from CAD Systems to CAx)
- Lightweight Design
- Industry 4.0:Strategic product portfolio & services
This program is 30,000 EUR for both EU and non-EU students.
About this institute
HECTOR School of Engineering and Management
Welcome to the HECTOR School of Engineering & Management, the Technology Business School of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) . The HECTOR School of Engineering & Management was founded in 2005 and was named after Dr. Hans-Werner Hector, one...
Want to know more about M.Sc. in Management of Product Development? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.