PhD in Administration - Financial EngineeringHEC Montreal
About this program
PhD in Administration - Financial Engineering
- Offered by HEC Montréal jointly with Concordia and McGill universities and the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM). This partnership gives you access to resources (faculty and courses) rarely available elsewhere in the world.
- This specialization offers a variety of high-level courses in finance and mathematics. The mathematics courses are recognized by the Institut des sciences mathématiques (ISM) and may be taken by PhD in mathematics students at the main universities in the region.
- Full-time program allowing you to complete your studies in 4 or 5 years.
- Tuition fees waived and competitive funding for the first four years of your studies.
- Hold a Master’s degree, a diplôme d’études approfondies (DEA) or a Specialized Graduate Diploma (DESS) from a European educational system or an equivalent graduate diploma, in business administration or a related field, with an average deemed excellent by the School.
- Pass one of the following tests by the application deadline for program admission, with a score equal to the 70thpercentile or better.
- TAGE MAGE(overall score: 283)
- GMAT(overall score: 640)
- GRE(overall score equivalent to GMAT score )
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Phase I – Preparation
Phase II– Specialization
Minimum 2 seminars in finance
- Contingent Claims in Incomplete Markets
- Continuous-time Corporate Finance
- Introduction to Financial Economics
- Numerical Methods in Quantitative Finance
Or any other equivalent seminar offered by the joint program Minimum 2 seminars in financial mathematics
- Analysis of Extreme Values with Application in Financial Engineering
- Méthodes d'apprentissage appliquées aux données financières
- Méthodes statistiques pour données financières
- Calcul stochastique II
- Dynamic Optimization in Management
- Pedagogy Seminar
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Quebec students $1800
- Canadian students, non-residents of Québec $1800
- French and French Belgian students $1800
- International students $8600
Credits- 90 credits
Message the school
About this institute
Founded in 1907, HEC Montréal offers internationally renowned management education and research. It is the oldest business school in Canada and was also the first school in North America to hold the prestigious triple accreditation (AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS). It...
Want to know more about PhD in Administration - Financial Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!