Master of Science (MSc) – Financial Engineering
Are you ready to make the most of your passion for mathematics, programming and finance, and build yourself a fascinating career? Financial engineering will give you the means to analyze, evaluate and develop tools for dealing with today’s financial challenges.
- Analyzing, developing and evaluating tools for solving financial problems
- Using risk management, portfolio management and market position management models
- Professors renowned in Canada and abroad, in both the academic and business communities
This Program is also offered in french language.
Educated Anywhere in Canada
- You must hold an undergraduate degree (at least 90 credits) or a degree deemed equivalent by the program administration
- in one of the following fields: Business Administration (BBA), Actuarial Science, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Pure or Applied Sciences or in a related field
- with a GPA of at least 3.0 out of 4.3, or the GPA required by the original university for admission to a graduate program, if the latter is higher.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Compulsory Courses of the Specialization
- Fixed Income Securities
- Derivative Products
Compulsory Methodology Course
- Stochastic Calculus I
Optional Specialization Courses
- Portfolio Management
- Capital Market Theory
- International Portfolio Management
- Simulation Monte Carlo
- Calcul numérique en ingénierie financière
- Time Series Econometrics
- Numerical Methods in Quantitative Finance
- Méthodes statistiques en ingénierie financière
- Machine Learning I: Large-Scale Data Analysis and Decision Making
- Méthodes d'apprentissage appliquées aux données financières
- Méthodes statistiques pour données financières
- Calcul stochastique II
- Dynamic Optimization in Management
Compulsory Course of the Program
- Comparative Perspectives on Business Organizations
- Business Research Ethics
- Research Workshop
Specialization Preparation Courses
- Risk Management
- Portfolio Management
- Financial Management
- Futures and Options
- Trading in Financial Markets
- Decision Models in Business Analytics
Strongly Recommended Activities
- How to cite properly your sources
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, please visit the university website.
- Quebec students: $5800
- Canadian students, non-residents of Québec: $14200
- French and French Belgian students: $5800
- International students: $28800
- Quebec students: $6300
- Canadian students, non-residents of Québec: $14700
- French and French Belgian students: $6300
- International students: $29900
Credits - 45 Credits
Positions held by program graduates:
- Account manager
- Commodities adviser
- Development adviser
- Fixed income analyst
- Risk management analyst
About this institute
Founded in 1907, HEC Montréal offers internationally renowned management education and research. It is the oldest business school in Canada and was also the first school in North America to hold the prestigious triple accreditation (AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS). It...
Want to know more about Master of Science (MSc) – Financial Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Clayton , Australia