Master of Science (MSc) – Applied Financial Economics
Are you seeking a challenging career in microeconomics? Would you like to learn all about using econometric methods in finance? Take a look at this specialization at the crossroads of finance and economics.
- Theory and empirical models used in finance, which often take root in economics. Advanced theory and quantitative concepts
- Personalized mentoring from professors renowned in Canada and abroad
This Program is also offered in french language.
Educated Anywhere In Canada
- You must hold a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), an undergraduate degree in a related field or a degree deemed equivalent by the program administration, with a GPA of at least 3.0 out of 4.3, or the GPA required by the original university for admission to a graduate program, if the latter is higher.
Requirements in English
You are considered anglophone and have the required level in English if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Holds a diploma of collegial studies (DCS) from an English-language institution.
- Completed high school studies entirely in English, without taking any welcome or anglicization courses.
- Passed a language test at an English-language university with requirements for English-language proficiency equivalent to those of HEC Montréal.
- Completed three years (90 credits) of university studies entirely in English, at an English-language university (excluding internships, directed studies and theses).
- Holds a certificate of language proficiency in English as a second language, issued by a recognized educational institution (30 credits).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Compulsory Courses of the Specialization
- Capital Market Theory
- Risk Management
Compulsory Methodology Courses
- Time Series Econometrics
- Applied Econometrics
Optional Specialization Courses
Block 1: Economics
- Séminaire de macroéconomie internationale
- Comportements économiques et évaluation de projets
- Comportements stratégiques en économie
- Développement et institutions économiques
- Monetary and Financial Macroeconomics
- Industrial Organization and Regulation
- Empirical Methods in Monetary Economics and Finance
- Behavioral Economics and Finance
- Theory of Information and Contracts : Advanced Microeconomics
Block 2: Finance
- Topics in Corporate Finance
- Fixed Income Securities
- Portfolio Management
- Derivative Products
- Institutions financières : théorie et modèles de gestion
- Capital de risque et financement de l'innovation
- International Portfolio Management
- Stratégies financières
- L'incertain et l'information
Compulsory Course of the Program
- Comparative Perspectives on Business Organizations
- Business Research Ethics
- Research Workshop
Specialization Preparation Courses
- Introduction to Econometrics
- Financial Management
Strongly Recommended Activities
- How to cite properly your sources
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, please visit the university website.
- Quebec students: $5800
- Canadian students, non-residents of Québec: $14200
- French and French Belgian students: $5800
- International students: $28800
- Quebec students: $6300
- Canadian students, non-residents of Québec: $14700
- French and French Belgian students: $6300
- International students: $29900
Credits - 45 Credits
Positions held by program graduates
- Arbitrage advisor – bonds
- Financial analyst
- Quantitative analyst
- Senior analyst
About this institute
Founded in 1907, HEC Montréal offers internationally renowned management education and research. It is the oldest business school in Canada and was also the first school in North America to hold the prestigious triple accreditation (AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS). It...
Want to know more about Master of Science (MSc) – Applied Financial Economics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Brno, Czech Republic
New York City, United States of America