Electrical EngineeringHawai'i Pacific University
All available course dates
The Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree at HPU involves the application of engineering principles to electrical systems and devices for purposes of diagnostics, maintenance, innovation or design, development, testing and commissioning with core expertise in electrical circuits, signals and systems, control and microcontroller systems, electronics, digital hardware, communications technology, embedded systems, and power. Students apply fundamentals in topics of electricity, electromagnetism, and electronics to proceed toward specialization in advanced topics, such as computer architecture, network engineering, renewable energy, robotics and automation, intelligent control, image and audio processing, and modeling of engineering process-based systems. The program offers students a concentration in Engineering Sustainability. Additionally, students have an option to undertake a Thesis and one extra semester of study to attain a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with Honors. Graduates can find employment in a wide variety of industries such as heavy industry and manufacturing, government roles, consultancy firms in engineering and business, instrumentation, aviation, robotics, building and construction, healthcare, hospitality, military, and many other areas.
- Online Application
- Academic Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of English Language proficiency
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Calculus I
- Introduction to Engineering Systems and Professional Practice
- Chemistry I
- Chemistry I Lab
- Computer Science I
- Computer Science I Lab
- Computer Science II
- Linear Circuits and Systems
- Linear Circuits and Systems Lab
- Digital Hardware and Microcontrollers
- Digital Hardware and Microcontrollers Lab
- Electronics Lab
- Calculus II
- Calculus III
- General Physics I
- General Physics I Lab
- Communications, Signals, and Systems
- Comunications, Signals, and Systems Lab
- Engineering Design Project I
- Engineering Design Project II
- Control Systems
- Control Systems Lab
- Linear Algebra
- Differential Equations
- Applied Statstics
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information
The Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering seeks to produce Graduates who will:
- Understand and apply a core of fundamental Engineering, Mathematical and Science-based operational skills to realworld problems and challenges, with creativity, innovation and professional responsibility.
- Apply a problem-solving approach to actively and effectively engage in engineering practice, or in the pursuit of other fields such as Mathematics, Science, Law, Medicine, Computer Science or Business.
- Actively seek professional positions of technical prowess and leadership within Industry and the community.
- Serve as Engineering ambassadors in the community by conforming to the highest ethical and professional standards, continuing professional skill development and actively participating in the learning and development of those they are supervising and their peers.
Curious about a career in electrical engineering? At HPU, students get hands-on experience through small classes and project based learning, and graduate ready to solve real world problems.
About this institute
Hawai'i Pacific University
Hawai‘i Pacific University is the largest private, non-profit university in the state of Hawai’i, USA. HPU is home to over 4,000 students from all 50 states and over 65 countries around the world. Our campuses are unique, with the excitement...
Why study at Hawai'i Pacific University
Hawai‘i Pacific University is the largest private, non-profit university in the state of Hawai’i, USA. We are home to over 4,000 students from all 50 states and over 65 countries around the world. Our campuses are exquisitely unique. HPU combines the excitement of an urban campus located in downtown Honolulu with the serenity of a campus set in the green foothills of the Ko‘olau mountains and an Oceanic Institute bordering the Pacific Ocean. All three are less than a 30 minute drive from the infamous Waikiki.
Our curriculum, which builds on our diversity by combining American educational traditions with global perspectives, emphasizes on rigorous intellectual engagement and social responsibility. The hands-on learning approach in combination with small class sizes and an inspiring teaching faculty ensure that students get the most of their studies.
All that combined is what makes HPU a one-of-a-kind destination.
Want to know more about Electrical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Potsdam, United States of America
Chicago, United States of America