Computer ScienceHawai'i Pacific University
All available course dates
Computer Science brings Computers to life.
Without the study of computer science, computers themselves are rather bland little processors that follow simple instructions and accurately solve math algorithms really, really, quickly. Computer Science is both the science and art of creating and streamlining programs for these zippy little processors – programs that can do amazing things for humanity. Computer science is also about problem-solving; by studying and developing computer software, we explore and analyze techniques for solving problems and expanding human capabilities.
- Online Application
- Academic Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of English Language proficiency
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Digital Literacy in a Global Society
- Mobile Technologies for the 21st Century
- Data Analysis and Visualization: the Good, the Bad, the Ugly
- Health Information Systems
- A Gentle Introduction to Computer Programming
- Foundations of Programming
- Computer Science I
- Computer Science I Lab
- Computer Science II
- Discrete Mathematics (best taken with or just after 2912)
- Data Structures
- Assembly Language & Systems Programming
- Programming Challenges
- Systems Analysis
- Operating Systems
- Computer Security and Information Assurance
- C++ programming
- HTML and Web Design
- Database Technologies
- Data Communications
- Computer Organization
- Internet Programming
- Game Programming
- Ruby on Rails
- Computer Systems Forensics
- Advanced Topics in Cybersecurity
- Introduction to the Theory of Computation
- Mobile Programming
- Artificial Intelligence
- Non-paid Internship
- Paid Internship
- Directed Readings in Computer Science
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information
Students graduating in Computer Science will be able to:
- Analyze complex computing problems and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify and recommend solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate computer-based solutions to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of computing science.
- Communicate effectively in written and oral formats in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to computing science.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
- Interpret, calculate, analyze, and clearly communicate quantitative information using mathematical, statistical, or symbolic reasoning to solve complex problems.
With the achievement of these outcomes, we expect our students, within a few years of graduation, to be able to:
- Engage in the productive practice of computer science to solve problems in a range of applications by applying sound principles of theoretical foundations and mathematical bases and communicate these solutions professionally.
- Adapt to new technologies, tools and methodologies of computer science practice in the profession and in the academic field.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of their employers and professional mentors as computer science professionals.
- Utilize their computer science expertise in the work place to advance their careers or pursue advanced academic studies.
About this institute
Hawai'i Pacific University
Hawai‘i Pacific University is the largest private, non-profit university in the state of Hawai’i, USA. HPU is home to over 4,000 students from all 50 states and over 65 countries around the world. Our campuses are unique, with the excitement...
Why study at Hawai'i Pacific University
Hawai‘i Pacific University is the largest private, non-profit university in the state of Hawai’i, USA. We are home to over 4,000 students from all 50 states and over 65 countries around the world. Our campuses are exquisitely unique. HPU combines the excitement of an urban campus located in downtown Honolulu with the serenity of a campus set in the green foothills of the Ko‘olau mountains and an Oceanic Institute bordering the Pacific Ocean. All three are less than a 30 minute drive from the infamous Waikiki.
Our curriculum, which builds on our diversity by combining American educational traditions with global perspectives, emphasizes on rigorous intellectual engagement and social responsibility. The hands-on learning approach in combination with small class sizes and an inspiring teaching faculty ensure that students get the most of their studies.
All that combined is what makes HPU a one-of-a-kind destination.
Want to know more about Computer Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Melbourne (Australia), Australia