Cinematic Multimedia ArtsHawai'i Pacific University
Cinematic Multimedia Arts
All available course dates
Cinematic Multimedia Arts
The BA in Cinematic Multimedia Arts degree allows students to develop technical, design, and narrative skills in a wide range of cinematic and multimedia disciplines, including cinematic production, scriptwriting, animation, motion graphics, nonlinear editing, audio production, web design, graphic design, game design and critical media analysis. Students engage in multicultural experiential learning across multiple platforms and digital technologies, and in a transdisciplinary, collaborative environment.
Animation and Multimedia Design Concentration
The BA in Cinematic Multimedia Arts degree with a concentration in Animation & Multimedia Design prepares students to work and produce in the online, mass media, information, and entertainment industries. The major focuses on developing multiple media literacy competencies, analytic abilities, and narrative skills. In this program, students develop motion graphics, animation, and digital design skills while creating mixed media portfolios and capstone projects. The applied audio-visual, graphical, and online skills that students learn are informed by a foundation in digital software skills, writing, critical analysis and creative development.
Multimedia Cinematic Production Concentration
The BA Cinematic Multimedia Arts degree with a Concentration in Cinematic Production prepares students to work and produce in the audio-visual, mass media, information, and entertainment industries. The major focuses on developing multiple media literacy competencies, analytic abilities, and narrative skills. In this program, students can choose a capstone project focusing on creative cinematic narrative production, animation, or documentary production. The applied audio-visual, graphical, and online skills that students learn are informed by a foundation in communication and critical analysis and an emphasis on writing and narrative design.
- Online Application
- Academic Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of English language proficiency
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Public Speaking
- First Amend, and Intellectual Property Law
- Mass Communication Research
- Point, Shoot, Edit
- Foundations of Multimedia Production
- Modern Media Systems
- Global Cinema Studies
- Graphic Design Studio
- Motion Picture Production
- Animation Production and Design
- Web Interface and Design Systems
- Cinematography Workshop
- Advanced Web Design
- Non-linear Audio-visual Editing
- Creative Narrative Production
- 3D Animation Studio
- Feature Film Screen Writing
- Radio and Audio Production
- Motion Graphics and Compositing
- Seminar in Multimedia
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information
Students who major in Communication Studies and Practices will:
- Demonstrate proficient academic writing skills, including careful control of Standard Written English and the ability to effectively, clearly, and persuasively communicate perspective and analysis.
- Demonstrate oral communication competency in a variety of contexts.
- Be able to both identify and articulate information needs, and to deploy the most appropriate materials and strategies to ethically address those needs
- Demonstrate skills in quantitative analyses, being able to interpret, compute, and utilize statistics.
Students who major in Communication Studies & Practices with a concentration in Communication Studies will also
- Demonstrate understanding of Communication theories and the ability to apply them to communication situations and media artifacts.
Students who major in Communication Studies & Practices with a concentration in Strategic Communication will also be able to:
- Build integrated strategic communication programs in business, professional, and social environments, including; research and planning, rationale, and campaign implementation techniques.
- Produce a professional, entry-level Strategic Communication portfolio.
- Apply First Amendment, copyright, and contract laws in Strategic Communication situations.
- Build a foundation for lifelong learning and advanced education in Strategic Communication
About this institute
Hawai'i Pacific University
Hawai‘i Pacific University is the largest private, non-profit university in the state of Hawai’i, USA. HPU is home to over 4,000 students from all 50 states and over 65 countries around the world. Our campuses are unique, with the excitement...
Why study at Hawai'i Pacific University
Hawai‘i Pacific University is the largest private, non-profit university in the state of Hawai’i, USA. We are home to over 4,000 students from all 50 states and over 65 countries around the world. Our campuses are exquisitely unique. HPU combines the excitement of an urban campus located in downtown Honolulu with the serenity of a campus set in the green foothills of the Ko‘olau mountains and an Oceanic Institute bordering the Pacific Ocean. All three are less than a 30 minute drive from the infamous Waikiki.
Our curriculum, which builds on our diversity by combining American educational traditions with global perspectives, emphasizes on rigorous intellectual engagement and social responsibility. The hands-on learning approach in combination with small class sizes and an inspiring teaching faculty ensure that students get the most of their studies.
All that combined is what makes HPU a one-of-a-kind destination.
Want to know more about Cinematic Multimedia Arts? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Potsdam, United States of America
Campbellsville, United States of America