The Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology Engineering degree at HPU involves the design, development, and application of innovative technologies, products and/or environmentally sustainable systems through the efficient use of biological resources. Biotechnology specializations include those related to bioenvironmental engineering and bioprocess engineering.
Bioenvironmental engineering is the application of engineering principles to the natural environment and its ecosystems, for preserving and/or improving environmental quality of life. Bioenvironmental engineering solutions may seek to address topics of concern in soil ecology, environmental protection, environmental toxicology, waste treatment and management, land treatment, air quality, renewable biofuels and ground water hydrology. Bioprocess engineering is the application of engineering principles to the design, construction, integration and/or maintenance of environmentally responsible systems with the use of biological materials for process sustainability and/or improvement.
Bioprocess engineers may be concerned with food manufacturing processes, industrial hygiene, emergency response systems, environmental systems, food, chemical or pharmaceutical processing and packaging systems, and apply innovative solutions that incorporate biomaterials or bioresources such as cells or molecules from plant or animal matter, or by-products, toward environmental and system sustainability.
The HPU Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology Engineering is a 4-year program. HPU Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology Engineering graduates will find employment in bioenvironmental or bioprocess engineering positions, within sectors such as agriculture, environmental, healthcare, food manufacturing and pharmaceutical industries.
- Online Application
- Academic Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of English proficiency
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Calculus I
- Introduction to Engineering Systems and Professional Practice
- Chemistry I
- Chemistry I Lab
- Calculus II
- General Biology I
- General Biology I Lab
- Principles of Environmental Science
- Calculus III
- General Biology II
- General Biology II Lab
- General Physics I
- General Physics I Lab
- Linear Circuits and Systems
- Linear Circuits and Systems Lab
- Bioengineering Signals and Systems
- Bioinstrumentation Lab
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Cell and Molecular Biology Lab
- Bioengineering Thermodynamics
- Engineering Design Project I
- Engineering Design Project II
- Analytical Biotechnology for Engineers
- Linear Algebra
- Differential Equations
- Applied Statstics
- Soil Ecology
- Environmental Systems Analysis for Engineers
- Waste Treatment and Management
- Air Quality Management
- Land Treatment Systems
- Food Processing and Packaging Systems
- Special Topics in Biotechnolgy Engineering
- Research I
- Research II
- Research III
- Engineering Professional Practice
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information
The Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology Engineering seeks to produce Graduates who will:
- Understand and apply a core of fundamental Engineering, Mathematical and Science-based operational skills to real world problems and challenges, with creativity, innovation and professional responsibility.
- Apply a problem-solving approach to actively and effectively engage in engineering practice, or in the pursuit of other fields such as Mathematics, Science, Law, Medicine, Computer Science or Business.
- Actively seek professional positions of technical prowess and leadership within Industry and the community.
- Serve as Engineering ambassadors in the community by conforming to the highest ethical and professional standards, continuing professional skill development and actively participating in the learning and development of those they are supervising and their peers.
About this institute
Hawai'i Pacific University
Hawai‘i Pacific University is the largest private, non-profit university in the state of Hawai’i, USA. HPU is home to over 5,500 students from all 50 states and over 70 countries around the world. Our campuses are unique, with the excitement...
Why study at Hawai'i Pacific University
Hawai‘i Pacific University is the largest private, non-profit university in the state of Hawai’i, USA. We are home to over 5,000 students from all 50 states and over 70 countries around the world. Our campuses are exquisitely unique. HPU combines the excitement of an urban campus located in downtown Honolulu with the serenity of a campus set in the green foothills of the Ko‘olau mountains and an Oceanic Institute bordering the Pacific Ocean. All three are less than a 30 minute drive from the infamous Waikiki.
Our curriculum, which builds on our diversity by combining American educational traditions with global perspectives, emphasizes on rigorous intellectual engagement and social responsibility. The hands-on learning approach in combination with small class sizes and an inspiring teaching faculty ensure that students get the most of their studies.
All that combined is what makes HPU a one-of-a-kind destination.
Want to know more about Biotechnology Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
London (Ontario, Canada), Canada