Arts and MarketsHawai'i Pacific University
Arts and Markets
All available course dates
Arts and Markets
An understanding of the arts, humanities, and languages is fundamental to a liberal arts education. Our programs aspire to broaden and deepen an appreciation of the human condition through an exploration of philosophy, religion, music, languages, the classics, and the arts. Our programs emphasize the following:
- Interdisciplinary understanding
- Critical thinking
- Creativity and the creative process
- Adaptability, curiosity and independent thinking
- A global perspective
- Online Application
- Academic Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of English proficiency
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Arts of Oceania
- Topics in World Art History
- Renaissance to Modern Art
- Art of China
- Art of Japan
- Art of India and South East Asia
- Art of the Pacific
- Art of the Polynesia
- Art of Hawaii
- ART and the Human Body
- Art of the Pacific
- Experience Japanese Culture
- Introduction of Visual Arts
- Sustainable Art and Design
- Beginning Drawing
- Intermediate Drawing
- Introduction to Design
- ARTS 3051 Photography
- Great Books, East & West
- Female Figures in Classical Myth, Lit & Rel
- Acient Drame
- Introduction to Gender & Women's Studies
- Research & Writing in the Humanities
- Introduction to Western Classical Music
- Music Fundamentals I
- Beginning Hula Performance
- International Chorale
- Music in World Culture
- Music Theory I
- International Vocal Ensemble
- Topics in Music
- Philosophies of Hawaii & the Pacific
- Principles of Logic
- Ethics in America
- History of Western Philiosphy
- Exploring Film
- History of Asian Philosophies
- Yoga Philosophy
- Philosophy of Art & Aesthetics
- Environmental Ethics
- Philosophy in Contemporary Literature
- Global Justice
- Introduction to World Religions
- Religion,Sacrifice & Violence
- Bible as Literature
- Understanding Early Christian Literature
- Abrahamic Traditions
- Females Figures in the Bible
- Religion, Sustainability & Globalization
- Theater Laboratory
- Acting I: Basic Acting
- Applied Technical Theater
- Acting II: Advanced Acting
- Seminar in Theater
Minors in the Humanities
Students at HPU can choose to minor in seven different areas of the humanities: Art History, Classical Studies, East-West Classical Studies, Gender & Women's Studies, Humanities, Philosophy and Religious Studies.
Minors in the Performing Arts
Students at HPU can choose to minor in three areas of the performing arts: Music, Studio Art, and Theatre.
Minors in Language
Students at HPU can choose to minor in two languages: Japanese and Spanish.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information
About this institute
Hawai'i Pacific University
Hawai‘i Pacific University is the largest private, non-profit university in the state of Hawai’i, USA. HPU is home to over 4,000 students from all 50 states and over 65 countries around the world. Our campuses are unique, with the excitement...
Why study at Hawai'i Pacific University
Hawai‘i Pacific University is the largest private, non-profit university in the state of Hawai’i, USA. We are home to over 4,000 students from all 50 states and over 65 countries around the world. Our campuses are exquisitely unique. HPU combines the excitement of an urban campus located in downtown Honolulu with the serenity of a campus set in the green foothills of the Ko‘olau mountains and an Oceanic Institute bordering the Pacific Ocean. All three are less than a 30 minute drive from the infamous Waikiki.
Our curriculum, which builds on our diversity by combining American educational traditions with global perspectives, emphasizes on rigorous intellectual engagement and social responsibility. The hands-on learning approach in combination with small class sizes and an inspiring teaching faculty ensure that students get the most of their studies.
All that combined is what makes HPU a one-of-a-kind destination.
Want to know more about Arts and Markets? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic