Master in International CommunicationHanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen
Study a Master's in International Communication in the Netherlands
Our recently updated Master of International Communication (MA) from Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen, responds to the business need for a strong professional and impactful program. This Master provides an excellent advanced knowledge and experience base for a successful career in a wide range of global communication areas.
How do you give your future career meaning and value in a global context? By becoming an international communication expert.
Are you interested in specializing in international corporate communication, in strategic brand management, or in global public relations? Do you want to advance a career as an intercultural communication consultant or a facilitation specialist? Or do you have communication skills and management abilities and want to develop these further so as to become a gifted communicator?
Our graduates develop competences that are valued most by employers and that are crucial for effective communication management. We train a new generation of communicators ready to take on each situation, equipped with problem solving skills, vision and strategic insights: international communication experts who are able to raise their game and inspire global as well as personal change.Benefits of the Master in International Communication at Hanze UAS:
- Develop a Global Mindset by being able to work successfully across cultures and geographies, being adaptable, open-minded and having a deep knowledge of strategic communication practices in businesses, governments and non-profits.
- Create Sustainable Impact by designing innovative, digital and sustainable solutions for organizations through mastering critical, creative and reflective skills, tools and trends and the latest practice-oriented research methods.
- Brand Yourself for a career in international communication, by developing a personal brand tailored to your personal journey, your ambitions and needs and by building a professional network with fellow students, alumni and communication professionals.
- Gain Experience through the acquisition of a thesis internship position in a wide variety of companies and organizations (e.g. Philips, Shell, Heineken, Microsoft, United Nations, Unesco) and through the opportunity to work with professional clients and the professorship Communication, Behavior and Sustainable Society throughout the first and second semester
- Learn Strategic and Innovative thinking from highly committed academic teaching staff and experts; in a global classroom of problem-based, multidisciplinary learning, through immersion in case studies and by joining research & innovation labs.
Based on our MIC alumni evaluation, around 80% of the MIC alumni have found a relevant job within 6 months after graduation.
They work in various areas of communication:
- Communication Consultancy and Communication Management
- Marketing, brand, consumer communication
- Online communication, social media
- Commercial, business, relationship management
- Event management
- General management
- Communication and editing
Their job titles include:
- PR & Communication Consultant;
- Communication Manager;
- Senior International Relations Officer;
- Marketing Communication manager;
- Corporate communication manager;
- External Communications Manager;
- Global director media and public relations;
- Global Sustainability & F & A Value Chains Communications;
- Manager Strategic & Business Communications;
- Digital Promotion Manager;
- Media and content manager;
- Reputation manager;
- Event and Tradeshows Specialist.
The companies and organizations where they work at:
- Google, Microsoft, Shell, Booking.com and Unilever;
- European Union, UNESCO and the World Bank
- Greenpeace, Warchild and the World Resources Institute
- Edelman, Fleishmann Hillard and Ketchum Pleon
- International Research in Reputation Management
- Intercultural Communication
- Strategic Brand Management
- Strategic Corporate Communication
- International Research in Brand Management
- Digital Communication & Online Media Analytics
- Issues and Crisis Communication
- Personal Leadership
- Sustainable Communication & Behavioural Analytics
- Communication and Behaviour
- Intercultural Facilitation
To be eligible for the master's programme in International Communication, all applicants must fulfil the following requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in the following relevant fields:
- Social Sciences
- A certificate of proof of a sufficient proficiency in the English language:
- IELTS (Academic): with a minimum overall score of 6.5 with no subscores below 6, or:
- TOEFL ibt: with a minimum overall score of 90 with minimum 18 in Reading, 19 in Listening, 19 in Speaking and 23 in Writing, or;
- CAE (Advanced): with a minimum grade of C.
- Your IELTS, TOEFL ibt or CAE should not be older than 2 years at the time of applying.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Hanze UAS has various scholarship possibilities to aid students financially if they meet the requirements.
For more information, please visit the University's website.
Degree awarded: Master of Arts
About this institute
Hanze University of Applied Sciences - Groningen, the Netherlands
If you choose to study at Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen, you will be joining a learning community where we bring education, applied research and the business field together. And on top of that, you will be living in the best student city...
Want to know more about Master in International Communication? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
COVID-19: Support for Current and Prospective Students
We believe in making study abroad a safe, positive experience for everyone. Find out what we're doing to help our users in light of recent coronavirus (COVID-19) developments.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
The Hague, Netherlands
The Hague, Netherlands