Master's Programme in EconomicsHanken School of Economics
Master's Programme in Economics
All available course dates
About this program
Master's Programme in Economics
Economics is the basis of a general and systematic understanding of economic transactions in society. Learn more about majoring in Economics and the unique opportunity to select courses from three universities.
The applicant must hold the minimum of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a recognised university with at least 30 ECTS credits in the subjects relevant for the programme. Proof of English proficiency is required. Students applying with a degree obtained outside of EU/EEA-area are required to undertake a GMAT/GRE test.
For the detailed admissions requirements, please, visit our website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Our programme offers you a balanced mix of a broad perspective and a deep insight into economic theory. The curriculum is designed to match the demand for professional economists in business and government.
The specialisation builds on a logically consistent structure, which relies on rational criteria for decision-making. Economics offers perspectives on essential features of all types of markets ranging from local retailers to global currency markets.
The Master's studies consist of compulsory core courses in:
- specialised courses in other important fields of economics
The courses oriented towards microeconomics deal with:
- analysis of competition with a focus on how firms, organizations, and industries should be organised to achieve efficiency
- analysis of corporate strategies to create sustainable competitive advantages and of asset markets characterized by incomplete information
Courses offered in macroeconomics focus on:
- economic policy
- why we have structural unemployment and how it can be reduced
- why monetary policy should be conducted by an independent central bank
- which policy options are available to overcome the financial crisis
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The fee for non-EU/EEA students at Hanken is 25000 EUR.
Degree: MSc in Economics and Business Administration
Upon graduation you will be:
- ready to take on challenges in rapidly changing contexts
- trained to use economic data
- an expert at communicating your findings
- able to visualise the larger context of economics and influence policy
Our alumni from Economics have job titles such as
- Chief Financial Officer, Researcher, Consultant - and many more!
- And note that the Helsinki Graduate School of Economics cooperation enables our students to start a career within research early on, already during their Master's studies.
Message the school
About this institute
Hanken School of Economics
Hanken School of Economics is a leading university with 110 years of experience in research and education in economics and business administration. Hanken holds the three most prestigious accreditations for business schools: EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA. Only one percent of...
Want to know more about Master's Programme in Economics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!