Intellectual Property LawHanken School of Economics
Intellectual Property Law
All available course dates
About this program
Intellectual Property Law
Intellectual property rights are essential assets of any business operating in our increasingly digital economy. Intellectual Property Law (IPL) specialisation is a unique combination of legal and business studies. This specialisation gives you a solid expertise in both areas, as well as an exceptional understanding of today’s markets and the world of intellectual property. Our courses are taught in close collaboration with industry, with IP organizations, as well as by internationally renowed visiting professors, to ensure they remain at the forefront of the developments in intellectual property matters.
The studies offer an international environment of high academic standard, with a wide range of career opportunities. As the only Finnish university in the European Union Intellectual Property Office University Network, our major offers a unique opportunity to network with students from other elite European institutions, as well as supervisors from EUIPO, which administrates European trademarks and design registration.
- TOEFL IBT test or TOEFL iBT® Home Edition: a minimum score of 92 (internet-based test)
- IELTS Academic or IELTS Indicator (Academic): a minimum score of 6.5
- Cambridge C1 Advanced: Grade C
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (previous name CPE): a minimum result of C1 (or C if taken when the test was called CPE)
- PTE Academic: a minimum 62
- The Finnish National Certificate of Language Proficiency YKI test in English: Level 5 proficiency in all sections of the Advanced level YKI test. Results from separate test dates can be combined.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree or secondary education conducted in English language in: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States (no other countries are accepted).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Fundamentals of Intellectual Property Law
- International and Comparative IP Law
- Law and Economics of IP
- Introduction to Market Analytics
- Social Responsibility across Business Studies
- Research Methodologies in Commercial Law
- Research Seminar in Commercial Law
- Master's Thesis
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The fee for non-EU/EEA students at Hanken is 12500 EUR/year.
MSc in Economics and Business Administration
Our graduates are equipped with
- comprehensive knowledge of the intellectual property laws in Europe and internationally
- competence in and knowledge of intellectual property rights in a business environment
- research and analytical skills
- communication skills
- independent critical thinking in intellectual property matters
Our alumni from Commercial Law have job titles such as
- Licensing Manager, Liaison Manager, Research Coordinator, Associate Lawyer, and many more!
- And note that the IPR University Center cooperation enables our students to get close to highly topical research subjects early on, already during their Master's studies.
Message the school
About this institute
Hanken School of Economics
Hanken School of Economics is one of the oldest universities in the Nordic countries and was founded in 1909. More than 110 years of experience in research and education gives us an opportunity to offer our students excellent programmes and...
Want to know more about Intellectual Property Law? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Graduate diploma / certificate