About this program
Bachelor of Sports Coaching and Management
Passion for sports? The Degree Programme in Sports Coaching and Management prepares students with the knowledge and skills needed in today’s sports and leisure industry.
Through competence-based approach, the programme prepares students along four main development streams with a focus on
- personal development and professional growth
- coach development
- event and organizational management and
- RDI competences.
The teaching is organized in English enabling students to work in an international environment during their work placement and upon completion of the studies.
The competence-based, student-centered studies demand from the students a high degree of independent working skills and self-motivation with the development process built in line with the individual interests and preexisting competencies. During the studies, students are also involved in developing new solutions for coaching and management at the local, national, and international levels.
The first two years of the studies include intensive studying at the Haaga-Helia's Vierumäki Campus, after which the student has a chance to obtain information and knowledge in a real-life working environment during the 1-1,5years of work placement.
- Finnish matriculation examination
- an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma
- a European Baccalaureate (EB) diploma
- a Reifeprüfung (RP) diploma or Deutsche Internationale Abitur (DIA) diploma vocational qualifications of three years or more in duration
- a Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification or a further or specialist vocational qualification as a competence-based qualification, or a comparable previous qualification or
- a foreign qualification that provides eligibility for higher education studies in the awarding country
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Personal and professional development 1
- Personal and professional development 2
- Personal and professional development 3
Select 5 pieces
- Finnish language and culture
- Swedish for Professional Purposes
- Written english
- Computing skills
- Communication skills
- Other foreign language
- Team building 1
- Team building 2
Sport and athlete analysis
- Sport analysis
- Athlete pathways
Fundamentals of coaching
- Knowledge base
- Practical coaching competence development
- Knowledge base
- Coaching process
- Innovative coaching methods development
- Sport program planning and implementation 1
- Sport program planning and implementation 2
- Sport organizational analysis and development planning 1
- Sport organizational analysis and development planning 2
- Sport event management 1
- Sport event management 2
- Sport organizational management 1
- Sport organizational management 2; coach education
- Information retrieval and evaluation
- Information collection and analysis
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Work placement
- Bachelor's thesis
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The degree programme is conducted in English.
Bachelor of Business Administration programmes fees: EUR 9,500.00 per academic year
Haaga-Helia UAS will charge a tuition fee from a student accepted to a degree programme taught in English. EU/EEA area and Swiss citizens are not subject to the charge.
Degree: Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
At the end of the studies the student has a firm knowledge in sport event organization and coordination, as well as in sport event and club management and in developing coaching methods. Besides firm knowledge of organizational management the student has a wide knowledge base in planning and executing athlete development plans and in developing innovative coaching methods. Many employment opportunities for the graduate open up while the student is completing the required work-placement in e.g. a sport club or a national sport organization.
In the past graduates have found employment e.g. in the fields of:
- Sport coaching (with emphasize on ice-hockey and on athlete-centered coaching) on club and national team level
- Managing and organizing sports events and activities
- Teaching sport to special target groups
- Instructing and coaching in sports associations and federations, as well as in clubs and gyms
- Work in the administration and management of sports clubs, gyms, associations and federations.
Message the school
About this institute
HAAGA-HELIA University of Applied Sciences
Haaga-Helia is a strongly business-oriented University of Applied Sciences in Finland. We have close ties to business world with 100 partner companies that contribute to our study projects and internship opportunities that provide a great kick start for a career....
Why study at HAAGA-HELIA University of Applied Sciences
- Haaga-Helia is the first institution in Finland to receive THE-ICE accreditation. Haaga-Helia has also received a quality label from the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre, FINEEC, praising Haaga-Helia’ s excellent working-life contacts and strong pedagogical teaching approach.
- In 2019, Haaga-Helia was ranked the best university of applied sciences in international student mobility, as well as the best in international student satisfaction. Study in a truly international environment with students from over 100 different nationalities.
- Opportunity to complete one semester as an exchange student in one of Haaga-Helia’ s 200 partner universities around the world.
- Possibility to acquire a double degree. Double degree students complete two semesters abroad and receive a diploma from both, Haaga-Helia and the partner university.
Want to know more about Bachelor of Sports Coaching and Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!