About this program
Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Hospitality, Tourism and Experience Management
The degree programme in Hospitality, Tourism, and Experience Management provides students multiple competencies. Students can choose one of the two main streams:
- Hospitality Experience Management(Accommodation Management and Food andBeverage Management)
- Tourism Experience Management(Competitive Tourism Destinations or Developing Transportation, Travel Agency and Event Management Business)
Within the Hospitality Experience Management stream, five student places are reserved for a new field of expertise: the Hospitality Innovation and Imagineering (in partnership with NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands).
Studies improve students'skills in project management, team working, and presentation. With a Bachelor of Hospitality Management degree, one is an expert in the service sector.
- Finnish matriculation examination
- an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma
- a European Baccalaureate (EB) diploma
- a Reifeprüfung (RP) diploma or Deutsche Internationale Abitur (DIA) diploma vocational qualifications of three years or more in duration
- a Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification or a further or specialist vocational qualification as a competence-based qualification, or a comparable previous qualification or
- a foreign qualification that provides eligibility for higher education studies in the awarding country
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Hospitality and Tourism Experience Economy
- Experience Economy in Hospitality and Tourism
- Creating Transformative Experiences
- Managing Experiences
- Guest Experience Management
Hospitality Experience Management
- Accommodation and Food & Beverage Environment
- Developing Hospitality Processes
- Managing Dynamic Hospitality Business
Tourism Experience Management
- Global and Local Perspectives of Travel and Tourism
- New Travel and Tourism Business Operations: Transportation, Travel Agency and Event Management Business
- Crafting Travel and Tourism Experience Products
- Strategic Alliances at the Destination Level
- Strategic Management of Travel and Tourism Business Operations: Transportation, Travel Agency and Event Management Business
- Amadeus GDS and Basics of Air Traffic
- The Booming Market Asia
- Personal Development: Planning
- Personal Development: Aspiration
- Personal Development: Career
Leadership and Management
- Understanding Human Behaviour in Hospitality
- Leading Teams
- Leading Virtual Teams
- Managing Service Interaction
- Strategic Management and Human Resource Management in Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Business
Marketing, Services and Sales
- Marketing and Personal Selling
- Digital Marketing
- Experience Marketing
- Financial Accounting
- Operational Budgeting
- Pricing and Revenue Management
- Capital Budgeting and Investment Planning
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- From Ideation to Feasible Business
Communication and Languages
- Personal Communication Skills
- English for Business Situations
- Kirjallinen viestintä
- Svenska i hotell-, restaurang- och turismbranschen
- Finnish for Foreigners 1
- Finnish for Foreigners 2
- Finnish for Hospitality and Tourism Industry
- Finnish for Hospitality and Tourism Industry
- Finnish for working purposes 1
- Finnish for working purposes 2
- Träna svenska 2
- Research and Innovation Methods
- Hospitality and Tourism Certifications (2020)
- Hospitality Law
- Basics of Mathematics & Excel
- Basic presentation Skills & tools
- Operational Project
- Supervisory Project
- Managerial Project
- Tourism Destination Project 1
- Tourism Destination Project 3
- Travel Business Project 1
- Travel Business Project 3
- Work Placement 1
- Work Placement 2
Hospitality and Tourism Passports
Licensed premise responsible manager status
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Bachelor of Business Administration programmes fees: EUR 9,500.00 per academic year
Haaga-Helia UAS will charge a tuition fee from a student accepted to a degree programme taught in English. EU/EEA area and Swiss citizens are not subject to the charge.
Degree: Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Key Learning Outcomes of the Degree Programme
The student will develop a solid understanding of customer-oriented and profitable operation within the various sectors of hospitality, tourism and experience management. The student learns how to put skills into practical use to boost business within Hospitality Business,Tourism and other Business Management areas. The studies will provide the student with an extensive professional outlook and logical skills.
The programme offers students with grounds for supervisory and managerial responsibilities. Hospitality and Tourism businesses are in the vibrant sector, and have been identified as the economies of the future. The dynamic nature of these sectors and their daily evolution, contribute for existing and new businesses to present employment and career opportunities for qualified graduates.
Graduates are expected to be change-makers (aka ‘champion’ of change), and either work for private or public creative organizations in junior and middle management positions or start their own business. Every day hundreds of businesses go looking for a 'champion' - someone who has the competencies and confidence to make things happen. When you graduate, you are expected to be one of those champions.
Graduates of this programme are expected to find employment and develop a career in management positions, as entrepreneurs, specialists, or in sales in the following job markets: hotels, restaurants, destinations, resorts, attractions, events, festivals, sports, entertainment, media, cruise lines, casinos, airports, spas, wellness, charities, retail, fairs and alike.
Many Hospitality Experience Management specialization graduates go on to run independent businesses, while others score management positions in restaurants, hotels, motels, resorts, spas, or any other residential or food service businesses. Graduates of Tourism Experience Management specialization find managerial positions in events, fairs, airlines, cruise ships and other tour and travel companies.
Message the school
About this institute
HAAGA-HELIA University of Applied Sciences
Haaga-Helia is a strongly business-oriented University of Applied Sciences in Finland. We have close ties to business world with 100 partner companies that contribute to our study projects and internship opportunities that provide a great kick start for a career....
Why study at HAAGA-HELIA University of Applied Sciences
- Haaga-Helia is the first institution in Finland to receive THE-ICE accreditation. Haaga-Helia has also received a quality label from the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre, FINEEC, praising Haaga-Helia’ s excellent working-life contacts and strong pedagogical teaching approach.
- In 2019, Haaga-Helia was ranked the best university of applied sciences in international student mobility, as well as the best in international student satisfaction. Study in a truly international environment with students from over 100 different nationalities.
- Opportunity to complete one semester as an exchange student in one of Haaga-Helia’ s 200 partner universities around the world.
- Possibility to acquire a double degree. Double degree students complete two semesters abroad and receive a diploma from both, Haaga-Helia and the partner university.
Want to know more about Bachelor of Hospitality, Tourism & Experience Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!