Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business
The International Business programme offers a great base for those wanting to build a career in global business. Students will acquire both generic and specialized skills needed in expert and managerial positions as well as entrepreneurs.
The core studies provide a comprehensive introduction to business operations in an international setting such as marketing and sales, accounting and finance, human resource management, international trade, project management, supply chain management, data analysis, business law, and economics.
The specialisation major and minor studies offered are:
- Customer Relationship Management and Communication
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Finnish matriculation examination
- an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma
- a European Baccalaureate (EB) diploma
- a Reifeprüfung (RP) diploma or Deutsche Internationale Abitur (DIA) diploma vocational qualifications of three years or more in duration
- a Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification or a further or specialist vocational qualification as a competence-based qualification, or a comparable previous qualification or
- a foreign qualification that provides eligibility for higher education studies in the awarding country
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to International Business
- Business Mathematics
- Business ICT Skills
- Basics of Marketing
- Basics of Supply Chain Management
- Basics of Human Resource Management
- Basics of Financial Management
- Selling to Export Markets
- Internationalisation of a Firm
- International Economics
- ERP and Project Management
- Sustainable Business
- International Trade Practicalities and Business Law
Language And Communication Studies
- International Business Communication
- Finnish for Foreigners 1
- Finnish for Foreigners 2
- Finnish for Foreigners 3
- Finnish for Foreigners 4
- Finnish Business Communication (for Finnish Students)
- Finnish for Exchange Students
- French 1
- French 2
- French 3
- French 4
- German 1
- German 2
- German 3
- German 4
- Spanish 1
- Spanish 2
- Spanish 3
- Spanish 4
- Swedish 1
- Swedish 2
- Specialisation Project
- Financial Accounting
- Business Controlling and Analytics
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Introduction to Corporate Finance
- Budgeting and Performance Evaluation
- Investment Management
- International Finance
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Forms of Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneur's Networks and Arenas
- Growth for Entrepreneurship
Human Resource Management
- Employer Branding
- Talent Development
- Talent Management
- HR Strategy and Change
- HR Legislation
Customer Relationship Management and Communication
- BtoB Sales Skills
- Marketing Research Methods
- Innovative Service Design
- Customer Relationship Management
- Branding and Marketing Communications
- International Marketing Research
- International Sales Management
- Growth and Competitive Strategies
Supply Chain Management
- Developing SCM
- Strategic Sourcing
- Sustainable SCM
- Quality Management
- SCM Tools and Optimisation
- Procurement Practicalities
Free Choice Studies
- Brush up Business Mathematics
- Brush up Swedish
- Marketing Yourself
- Developing Academic Writing
- Green Product and Package Design
- Circular Economy and SCM
- New Business Models in the Circular Economy
- Doing Business and Working in the Middle East
- SAP Advanced
- Video CV
- Personal Branding in LinkedIn
- Using Instagram for Professional Purposes
- Using Twitter for Professional Purposes
- Combination of Basic and Specialisation Work Placement
- Basic Work Placement
- Specialisation Work Placement
- Thesis Phase 1
- Thesis Phase 2
- Thesis Phase 3
The HTML CheatSheet has its built-in editor where you can preview the document you are working on.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Bachelor of Business Administration programmes fees: EUR 8,500.00 per academic year
Haaga-Helia UAS will charge a tuition fee from a student accepted to a degree programme taught in English. EU/EEA area and Swiss citizens are not subject to the charge.
Degree: Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
The studies prepare the graduates to work in all fields of international business. As a BBA one can develop a career from assistant levels to management positions, as an entrepreneur, a specialist or in RDI positions.
The Specialisation Major Customer Relationship Management and Communication prepares for careers in marketing, sales and communication. It gives skills in the areas of innovation and sales management, digital marketing, service design, B2B branding, corporate and marketing communication and how to create customer value in B2B service processes.
Financial Management leads to positions in areas such as accounting, controlling or finance. The studies focus on, for example, profitability controlling, financial reporting and how to find the most competitive sources and modes of finance for the company´s development projects and transactions. Typical job titles after graduation: accountant, controller, business analyst, financial manager.
Supply Chain Management (SCM) focuses on sourcing, sustainability, and the SCM function as supporting companies’ sales and service. The studies include, for example, sourcing strategies, managing quality and circular economy principles. Graduates collaborate with suppliers, optimise deliveries and engage in sustainable supply chain management. Graduates typically work in the areas of operations, logistics, purchasing or sales management.
Human Resource Management (HRM) prepares for careers in people management and leadership. HRM studies focus on attracting, managing, developing and rewarding talent in the competitive international labour market. Graduates typically work in positions of HRM assistant, HR consultant, HR coordinator, payroll specialist, recruitment consultant, compensation and benefits manager. Eventually many aim for the HR manager position.
Entrepreneurship specialisation prepares for careers in entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship. Entrepreneurship studies focus on learning entrepreneurial competences to run entrepreneurial projects as well as start and develop a business. Graduates work as self-employed, in family business, franchising, freelancing, startups, as business advisors, innovation assistants or managers.
About this institute
HAAGA-HELIA University of Applied Sciences
Haaga-Helia is a strongly business-oriented University of Applied Sciences in Finland. We have close ties to business world with 100 partner companies that contribute to our study projects and internship opportunities that provide a great kick start for a career....
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America