Bachelor of Business Administration, Business Service Solutions and LanguagesHAAGA-HELIA University of Applied Sciences
Bachelor of Business Administration, Business Service Solutions and Languages
The programme provides students with a broad set of skills, enabling them to function in roles requiring initiative and proactive approach. The skillset is based on strong business studies and diverse language skills. The emphasis is on multiculturalism, communication and organisational skills. The competencies of the graduates are divided into subsets as follows: business operations know-how, intercultural and digital communication, information management as well as organisational development skills.
The DP aims at fluent working proficiency in multiple languages. Our teaching language is English and additionally, graduates learn at least two other languages. English and Finnish are compulsory, and the other language choices are Chinese, French, German, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish.
Within DP in Business Service Solutions and Languages the student can choose their advanced professional studies from the following alternatives:
- Leadership and HR
- Marketing, Sales, and Services
- Meetings Industry
- Organisational Communication
- Finnish matriculation examination
- an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma
- a European Baccalaureate (EB) diploma
- a Reifeprüfung (RP) diploma or Deutsche Internationale Abitur (DIA) diploma vocational qualifications of three years or more in duration
- a Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification or a further or specialist vocational qualification as a competence-based qualification, or a comparable previous qualification or
- a foreign qualification that provides eligibility for higher education studies in the awarding country
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- International Business Documents
- Languages for International Communication
- Professional Writing Skills
- Finnish for Beginners 1
- Finnish for Beginners 2
- Finnish for Work 1
- Finnish for Work 2
- Finnish Business Communication 1
- Finnish Business Communication 2
- Chinese Business Communication 1
- Chinese Business Communication 2
- Chinese Business Environment
- French Business Communication 1
- French Business Communication 2
- French Business Environment
- German Business Communication 1
- German Business Communication 2
- German Business Environment
- Russian Business Communication 1
- Russian Business Communication 2
- Russian Business Environment
- Latin American Business Environment
- Spanish Business Communication 1
- Spanish Business Communication 2
- Basic Business Swedish: spoken part
- Basic Business Swedish: written part
- Nordic Business Environment
- Swedish Business Communication
Service Solutions in Practise
- Corporate Meeting Practices
- Study and Career Planning
- Successful Event
Business and Entrepreneurship
- Business Environment
- Business Planning
- Business Processes
- Strategic Business Development
Knowledge and Information Expertise
- Applications for Business 1
- Applications for Business 2
- Office Applications 1
- Office Applications 2
- Communicating with Impact
- Effective Communication in Organisations
- StartUp School - Developing Entrepreneurial Mindset
Leadership and HR
- HR Management
- HRM Project
Marketing, Sales and Service
- Creative Solutions in Marketing and Communications
- Marketing and Networks
- Events Management
- International Conferences and Congresses
- Building Communication Competence and Confidence
- Creative Solutions in Marketing and Communications
(Select 0 pieces)
- Effective Writing Skills for Finnish Learners
- Contemporary Finnish Literature
- Chinese for Beginners 1
- Chinese for Beginners 2
- German for Beginners 1
- German for Beginners 2
- Russian for Beginners 1
- Russian for Beginners 2
- Business Finnish for International Students
- Work Placement
- Thesis, Entrepreneurship
- Thesis, HR and Leadership
- Thesis, Marketing, Sales and Service
- Thesis, Meetings Industry
- Thesis, Organisational Communication
- Thesis Plan and Methods
- Thesis Phase 1
- Thesis Phase 2
- Thesis Phase 3
- Maturity Test
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Bachelor of Business Administration programmes fees: EUR 8,500.00 per academic year
Haaga-Helia UAS will charge a tuition fee from a student accepted to a degree programme taught in English. EU/EEA area and Swiss citizens are not subject to the charge.
Degree: Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Key learning outcomes of the Programme
The programme provides students with a broad set of skills, enabling them to function in roles requiring initiative and a proactive approach. The skills set is built on a core of business studies and strong and diverse language skills. The emphasis is on multiculturalism, communication, good service ethic and organisational skills. The competencies of the graduates are divided into subsets as follows: business understanding, intercultural communication, information management, organisational skills and business operations know-how.
Active collaboration with companies opens up doors for the students and helps them develop their networks already during the studies. This makes it easier for graduates to find jobs both in Finland and abroad.
Graduates from this international degree programme are qualified for a variety of positions in many kinds of organisations. Examples of positions include office managers, business managers, marketing coordinators, communication specialists, project coordinators, PR and event managers, HR specialists as well as management, executive and legal assistants.
Language and business enthusiast Hanchen Wang studies International Business at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences. What Hanchen loves the most about Haaga-Helia is that he gets to learn Finnish and other languages while getting the best business education before entering working life.
About this institute
HAAGA-HELIA University of Applied Sciences
Haaga-Helia is a strongly business-oriented University of Applied Sciences in Finland. We have close ties to business world with 100 partner companies that contribute to our study projects and internship opportunities that provide a great kick start for a career....
Why study at HAAGA-HELIA University of Applied Sciences
- Haaga-Helia is the first institution in Finland to receive THE-ICE accreditation. Haaga-Helia has also received a quality label from the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre, FINEEC, praising Haaga-Helia’ s excellent working-life contacts and strong pedagogical teaching approach.
- In 2019, Haaga-Helia was ranked the best university of applied sciences in international student mobility, as well as the best in international student satisfaction. Study in a truly international environment with students from over 100 different nationalities.
- Opportunity to complete one semester as an exchange student in one of Haaga-Helia’ s 200 partner universities around the world.
- Possibility to acquire a double degree. Double degree students complete two semesters abroad and receive a diploma from both, Haaga-Helia and the partner university.
Please visit the website for more information.
Want to know more about Bachelor of Business Administration, Business Service Solutions and Languages ? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America
Campbellsville, United States of America
Prague, Czech Republic
British Columbia, Canada
British Columbia, Canada