MSc Fashion, Design and Luxury ManagementGrenoble Ecole de Management
- GEM Ranked 25th in the Financial Times European Business Schools 2019 Ranking
- 86% of graduates employed within 4 months of graduating (FDLM - class of 2018)
- 91% of graduates hold jobs with international projects (FDLM - class of 2018)
- Program Highlights: Specialized field research project & study trip** with visits to leading fashion, design & luxury industries
Grenoble (France) and Paris
Program duration - 2 years:
1 academic year (on campus) + Final Management Project (can be completed remotely while working)
MSc Fashion, Design and Luxury Management
The MSc in Fashion, Design and Luxury Management is designed to provide international companies in these industries with the profiles they need to be highly competitive in a complex environment. The fashion, design and luxury industries are design-intensive and innovation-oriented industries, providing very good opportunities for growth in a hypercompetitive environment. For this reason, companies in these industries are seeking to recruit experts aware of the specific dynamics of these fields, able to manage companies and develop brands in a successful way.
- Accelerate your career by gaining the business and managerial skills required for the fashion, design and luxury industries
- Develop a deep understanding of the dynamics of the innovation-oriented fashion and design industries and the ability to manage companies and develop brands in a successful way.
- Benefit from teaching staff with extensive scientific and professional industry experience.
- Enjoy study trips** with exclusive behind the scene visits to companies and industry-specific fairs and events.
- Gain real-life experience through a Live Business Case.
- Prepare for working in international contexts with a multicultural and creative learning environment.
- Earn a degree from a triple-accredited institution.
Bachelor-level undergraduate degree in any subject. Fluency in English
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Students enrolled in the MSc Fashion, Design and Luxury Management will benefit from a high-level faculty with both academic and professional experience. Taught entirely in English, this program offers students the international perspective and the industry-specific culture they will need in order to become skilled managers in these hypercompetitive industries. Through their coursework, students will acquire the management tools and techniques and the overall industry culture needed to develop and govern fashion, design and luxury brands in a highly competitive global and complex environment. The course covers essential management skills as well as more industry-specific competencies.
YEAR 1 - CAMPUS YEAR
Introduction Session - Management Essentials
- Branding and Brand Equity Management
- Strategic Management
- Corporate Finance
- Intercultural Management
- Talent Management
- International Trade
Fashion, Design and Luxury Management
- Fundamentals of Fashion and Design
- The Legal Context of the Design and Fashion Industry
- Principles of Luxury and Managing Luxury Brands
- Integrated Communications Strategy (Corporate Communications and PR)
- Production, Operations, Purchasing and Supply Chain in the Fashion Industry
- Customer Management and Customer Intelligence
- Technology and Innovation in the Fashion and Design Business
- Industrial Design
- Retail Management
- Sustainable Luxury and Design
- Specialized Field Research Project
- Digital Marketing in Fashion, Design and Luxury Industries
- Luxury Sectorial Analysis including Consumer Behaviour, for example :
- Cosmetics Industry
- Food, Wine and Hospitality
- Cars and Motorbikes
- Jewelry and Watches
- Perfumes and Eyewear
- Accessories and Leather Goods
- Final Management Project Proposal
- Research Methods for Managers
- Language (optional)
*The content of the program may be adapted from year to year to take into account the needs of industry. Class attendance is compulsory.
YEAR 2 - FINAL MANAGEMENT PROJECT
At the end of the one-academic-year full-time part of the program, each student will be required to complete a Final Management Project of approximately 15,000 words in length, under the guidance of a tutor. This is an applied or theoretical research project that can be completed at a distance and in parallel with full-time employment or an approved internship. To successfully complete the Final Management Project, students are required to address a particular research question or knowledge gap in their chosen field of their study. This will be business oriented and coherent with the program's objectives. A student may choose to write their project on a topic grounded in their internship experience.
Live Business Case
Specialized Field Research Project / Study Trip
Students will take part in a study trip of one week in a European Fashion Capital. They will have the opportunity to meet with leading industry professionals and visit companies in the fashion, design and luxury industries. During the company visits students will work on a project relating to one of these industries and in alignment with their future career ambitions.
International Study Trip is contingent on global conditions and travel restrictions
Scholarships & funding
Scholarships and Financial Aid available.
MSc Fashion, Design and Luxury Management (120 ECTS credits)
It is expected that graduates of this MSc program will either take up positions in multinational companies in the fashion, design and luxury industries or will become entrepreneurs able to found and develop their own companies.
The program will prepare graduates for positions in sourcing, purchasing, product development, product management, public relations, events, store retail management, people management and entrepreneurship.
Cartier, Celine, Chanel, Chrisitan Dior, Diesel, Estee Lauder, Fred Paris, Galerie Lafayette, Giorgio Armani, Givenchy, Guerlin, Hermès, Hugo Boss, Longchamp, l'Oréal, LVMH, Max Mara, Ralph Lauren, Roche Bobois, Swarovski, Tommy Hilfiger, Uniqlo
About this institute
GEM Ranks 25th in the Financial Times European Business Schools 2019 Ranking
GEM Ranks 25th in the Financial Times European Business Schools 2019 Ranking GEM is triple-accredited (AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS): Among top 1% of business schools worldwide to hold this distinction Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM) has earned both national and international recognition. More...
Want to know more about MSc Fashion, Design and Luxury Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...