Advanced Master in Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Management
Graduates with degrees in pharmacology and the life sciences are finding a challenging and changing landscape when it comes to their careers. Companies are increasingly searching for people who are not only strong technically, but can also understand, lead, and manage, different business functions. This requires a broad skillset and a practical mentality, which is becoming harder and harder to find.
The people who enter this program come with a scientific background and already have completed advanced degrees (PhD, PharmD and MSc in biological and chemical sciences). This program allows the participants to develop real-world business skills, develop professional networks, and exchange with senior business professionals who have deep industry experience.
- To master and understand how the forces driving science, technology, and business interact in the real world to influence decisions.
- To enable graduates to gain practical knowledge and skills in biotechnology management to become more valuable to employers, enhance their career prospects, and develop their core competencies.
- To train a highly qualified managerial staff capable of analyzing and appreciating the relationships between technology and productivity along the value chain of the organization.
- To develop key analytical thought processes to not just understand the complexities of current situations and challenges, but also how to apply those results in unfamiliar and new circumstances, regardless of what the future may bring.
- As participants in the program come from around the globe, it is essential to learn how to work in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural setting where English is the primary language.
Master’s degree or Doctorate, Bachelor’s degree (with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience)
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Grenoble Ecole de Management has been offering the Advanced Master in Biotechnology Management since 2002. Since its inception, the school has offered an industry-focused program that truly is interdisciplinary in nature.
The program was designed to respond to the growing need in the biotechnology industry for professionals who are trained in management and decision making.
The curriculum includes essential skills for the successful manager and focuses on the body of knowledge that is unique to the business decisions that exist in the life-science industry.
Students will develop not only the skills they need to effectively manage in technologically complex workplaces, but also the vision to becoming leaders in their fields.
The program prepares future leaders by equipping them with skills such as:
- Analyzing financial performance and preparing reporting packages.
- Evaluating business decisions and investment opportunities including new product investments.
- Conducting market research and analysis including brand recognition and technology trends.
- Determining marketing strategy ; analyzing market needs and identifying new market segments.
- Preparing in-depth analysis of potential business development opportunities.
- Managing multi-disciplinary projects in a multi-cultural environment in high-tech industries.
Program content subject to change.
Real case innovative project
In teams, the program participants work on a real-world innovative project designed to highlight the current challenges and decisions facing managers and business leaders.
They undertake a feasibility study and market analysis of a subject matter for a period of 6 months. They develop industry contacts and make full use of professional networking opportunities to learn more about their chosen projects. The objective of the simulation is to underscore the relationships among the business functions as well as develop an appreciation of the complexities and challenges of strategic management.
Graduates will be able to analyze and appreciate the relationships between technology and productivity as well as business opportunities along the value chain of the organization within a context of dynamic and uncertain environment.
They should be prepared to challenge the conventional assumptions and paradigms while actively seeking new technologies and strategies to strengthen the value creating and competitive processes within their organizations.
The cost of this program is 16,900 Euros
Advanced Master Course format alternates classroom study with work experience.
Equivalent Europe L7. Label granted by the French Conférence des Grandes Ecoles. Also conferring the title of "Manager d’affaires de la filière biotechnologie/biopharmacie" registered in the French Professional Certificates Index (RNCP) under n°14625.
Graduates of this program are qualified for a wide range of positions with scientific research firms and pharmaceutical companies.
They can advance an existing career or transition to new opportunities in thelife scienceindustry. Entrepreneurial and management-level positions are available to Advanced Master’s degree holders, such as:
- Product and Marketing Manager
- R&D Project Manager
- Portfolio Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Intellectual Property Consultant
- Financial Analyst
- Investor Relations Manager
- Life Sciences Consultant
About this institute
About Grenoble Ecole de Management
Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM) has earned both national and international recognition. More than just a school, GEM represents an open-ended laboratory through which 8,000 students and 500 employees learn and work every day to solve complex problems and overcome...
Want to know more about Advanced Master in Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...