About this program
PGCE (Secondary): Media Studies with English
This programme offers a route into teaching a dynamic and constantly evolving subject. Our experts will teach you everything you need to know about the place of Media Studies within the school curriculum through a diverse and integrated course.
Why study PGCE (Secondary) Media Studies with English at Goldsmiths?
- The programme offers a balance of theory and practice, giving you the opportunity to more fully explore and understand the key concepts of Media Studies at secondary school and at post-16 level.
- You’ll gain an understanding of where Media Studies lies within the school curriculum, while exploring the key concepts involved in media studies, including media languages, media audiences, media institutions, and media representation.
- You’ll also develop your practical skills, gaining expertise in teaching pre-production, production and post-production.
- To underpin your Media and English studies, you’ll gain an understanding of pedagogy including: assessment and marking, public examinations, classroom organisation and management, inclusion, planning a rigorous and creative curriculum to meet the requirements of school and examination specifications and using social media in the classroom.
- to meet our fitness to train requirements
- a GCSE Grade C or above (or recognised equivalents) in English Language, and Mathematics.
- an undergraduate honours degree, usually 2:2 or above, from a university in the United Kingdom. Ideally, your degree would be related to your chosen programme, or you would have studied the subject as part of your degree.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, please visit the university website for more information.
- Home - full-time: £9250
- International - full-time: £17370
Message the school
About this institute
Goldsmiths, University of London
With an academic legacy dating back to 1891, Goldsmiths has a rich heritage in the arts and creative disciplines and offers degrees in subjects from the humanities and social sciences to computing and law. Students at Goldsmiths are encouraged to...
Why study at Goldsmiths, University of London
At Goldsmiths we're constantly exploring, questioning and reshaping the world. You can challenge yourself through our innovative degrees and world-leading academics that will inspire you to see the world differently.
At Goldsmiths you’ll change how you think and be inspired to develop fresh ideas and new approaches to your studies. We champion degrees that provoke thought and stretch the imagination. That’s why so many of our former students are leading the way in reshaping the sociocultural landscape on a global scale.
Want to know more about PGCE (Secondary): Media Studies with English? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!