About this program
MA Global PoliticalEconomy
See the story behind what's right in front of you. The MA Global Political Economy explores the dynamics of our changing world. You will work in small groups with world class experts at the Political Economy Research Centre (PERC), as well as across a number of other Goldsmiths departments, and learn how to hold the world up to scrutiny.
Why study MAGlobal Political Economyat Goldsmiths?
- Learn about the political economy of ecological break down, the challenge of building a sustainable world, andhow to make these issues centralto the analysis of politics and economics.
- Learn about the relationship between global financialised capitalism, global inequality, and the possibility of a sustainable future.
- Work closely with academic experts in small-group workshops and seminars.
- Learn in a truly interdisciplinary programme that allows you to see the global political economy from a variety of perspectives.
- Choose from a wide variety of options to build the bespoke degree programme that best suits your interests and ambitions.
- Join the series of job talks from insiders at policy Think Tanks, NGOs and the private sector.
- Join the community of academics, policy experts, journalists, and activists who speak regularly at GoldsmithsPolitical Economy Research Centre(PERC) events.
- You will also have the chance to work closely with academics associated with theCentre of Understanding of Sustainable Prosperity(CUSP), as well as from the departments ofMedia, Communications & Cultural Studies,Anthropology, andSociologyat Goldsmiths.
- Be part of a multicultural community located in a global city.
- Youll be taught by staff with international reputations in their disciplines and areas of specialisation. These include ecology, finance, global governance, international development, post-colonialism, and imperialism, among others.
You should have (or expect to be awarded) an undergraduate degree of at least upper second class standard in a relevant/related subject.
We accept a wide range of international qualifications. Find out more aboutthe qualifications we accept from around the world.
If English isnt your first language, you will need an IELTS score (orequivalent English language qualification) of6.5 with a 6.5 in writing and no element lower than 6.0to study this programme. If you need assistance with your English language, we offer a range ofcourses that can help prepare you for postgraduate-level study.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Global Capitalism: Theory and History
- The Political Economy of the Anthropocene
- An(Other) China: Postcolonial Theory, Postmodern Concerns
- Visualising Asia: Body, Gender, Politics
- Counter-Mapping: The Politics of Space
- Politics of Human Rights
- Memory and Justice in Post-Conflict Societies
- Decolonising Knowledge: Debates in Human Science
- Islam, Revolution, and Empire
- Development for the 21st Century
- Decolonising Politics: Actions and Ideas from the Global South
- Gender and Politics
- Armed Politics and Political Violence
- Political Economy of the Global South
- The United States in the World Economy
- Experts and Economies
- Finance and Power
- Rethinking (In)security
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Local students - full-time: £8370
- Local students - part-time: £4185
- International Students- full-time: £16120
We know that political organisations relish free thinking graduates. Its why we focus on delivering a programme thats rooted in a critical perspective. By the time you leave we want you to feel transformed so that you can go forward andbring that transformation out intothe world.
WithourMA in Global Political Economy, you could go on to work for global government institutions, like theUNor theOECD, as well as in civil society institutions, NGOs, or in academia.
Message the school
About this institute
Goldsmiths, University of London
With an academic legacy dating back to 1891, Goldsmiths has a rich heritage in the arts and creative disciplines and offers degrees in subjects from the humanities and social sciences to computing and law. Students at Goldsmiths are encouraged to...
Why study at Goldsmiths, University of London
At Goldsmiths we're constantly exploring, questioning and reshaping the world. You can challenge yourself through our innovative degrees and world-leading academics that will inspire you to see the world differently.
At Goldsmiths you’ll change how you think and be inspired to develop fresh ideas and new approaches to your studies. We champion degrees that provoke thought and stretch the imagination. That’s why so many of our former students are leading the way in reshaping the sociocultural landscape on a global scale.
Want to know more about MA Global Political Economy? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!