About this program
BA (Hons) International Relations and Chinese
China has been at the forefront of a global economic power shift in the aftermath of the global economic crisis in 2008. This undergraduate degree gives you the chance to study international relations with a year abroad in China at Capital Normal University in Beijing.
We accept the following qualifications:
- A-level: BBB
- BTEC: DDM
- International Baccalaureate: Three HL subjects with 655
- Access: Pass with 45 Level 3 credits including 30 Distinctions and a number of merits/passes in subject-specific modules
- Scottish qualifications: BBBBC (Higher) or BBC (Advanced Higher)
- European Baccalaureate: 75%
- Irish Leaving Certificate: H2 H2 H2 H2
We also accept a wide range of international qualifications. Find out more about the qualifications we accept from around the world.
If English isn’t your first language, you will need an IELTS score (or equivalent English language qualification) of 6.0 with a 6.0 in writing and no element lower than 5.5 to study this programme. If you need assistance with your English language, we offer a range of courses that can help prepare you for degree-level study.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- World Politics
- Political Theory and Ideologies
- Mandarin 1
- Mandarin 2
- Mandarin 3
- Mandarin 4
- Contemporary International Relations Theories
- Global Governance and World Order
- Security Studies
- US Politics and Foreign Policy
- International Politics of the Middle East
- Rough Politics
- Mandarin 3
- Mandarin 4
- Mandarin 5
- Mandarin 6
- An(other) China: Streetscenes of Politics
- Critical Security Studies
- An(other) IR – Views from the South
- Nationalist Conflict and International Intervention
- Political Islam: Ideology and Discourse
- Politics of Conflict and Peacebuilding in Contemporary Africa
- The Politics and Economics of Immigration
- Finance and the Global Political Economy
- Colonialism and Non-Western Political Thought
- The Political Economy of International Development Assistance
- Armed Politics and Political Violence
- The Politics of Popular Music
- Feminist Economics
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Tuition fee for local students is £9250.
- Tuition fee for International students is £17050
Graduates of this programme will be in a unique employment position having gained broader disciplinary based theoretical skills than China area studies programmes, yet have advanced Chinese language skills and experience in China that are usually only available to China area studies scholars.
Graduates of this programme have gone on to a wide variety of careers. Some go on to postgraduate study or further training in law, accountancy, social work, business administration, or to specialise in one area of their academic studies, whilst others go directly into employment.
Recent graduates have found employment in administration and management; in various departments of central and local government; in finance, in the media; in research and computing; in voluntary agencies; in health, education and housing management; the probation service; in company management, and as lecturers and teachers. You can find out more about different career options open to you on our Politics careers pages.
With the addition of Chinese languages plus the one year in country training students of this programme will also have more specialised skills and experiential knowledge of a country that is economically, politically and socially fast becoming the world’s second super-power.
Message the school
About this institute
Goldsmiths, University of London
With an academic legacy dating back to 1891, Goldsmiths has a rich heritage in the arts and creative disciplines and offers degrees in subjects from the humanities and social sciences to computing and law. Students at Goldsmiths are encouraged to...
Why study at Goldsmiths, University of London
At Goldsmiths we're constantly exploring, questioning and reshaping the world. You can challenge yourself through our innovative degrees and world-leading academics that will inspire you to see the world differently.
At Goldsmiths you’ll change how you think and be inspired to develop fresh ideas and new approaches to your studies. We champion degrees that provoke thought and stretch the imagination. That’s why so many of our former students are leading the way in reshaping the sociocultural landscape on a global scale.
Want to know more about BA (Hons) International Relations and Chinese? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
St Andrews, Scotland