BA (Hons) Drama: Musical TheatreGoldsmiths, University of London
BA (Hons) Drama: Musical Theatre
This degree will help you become a resourceful and well-informed performer, theatre-maker, administrator or teacher in the musical theatre industry.
- You won't just learn about how to be a performer. Instead, you'll have the chance to pick up a whole range of skills including ;devising and writing plays, directing, and creating your own musical revues or cabarets.
- Our position in London means access to the enormous range of musicals produced at venues from the English National Opera to the tiny King’s Head Theatre.
- You'll be regularly taught by both visiting theatre professionals and core teaching staff, who are either artists or scholars of distinction in the field.
We accept the following qualifications:
- A-level: BBB
- BTEC: DDM/DMM
- International Baccalaureate: 33 points overall including 3 HL subjects
- For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Musical Theatre: Dramaturgy A
- Musical Theatre: Dramaturgy B
- Introduction to singing and music theory
- Introduction to Movement and Dance
- Performance Praxis 1A: Action
- Performance Praxis 1B: Acting, Voice, and Text
- Musical Theatre-making 1
- Elements of Theatre History A: The Modern American Musical
- Elements of Theatre History B: Post-war British Musical Theatre
- Performance Praxis 2A: Acting and the Song
- Performance Praxis 2B: Dance and Musical Staging
- Musical Theatre-making 2
- Culture and Performance A
- Culture and Performance B: Musical Theatre in a Multicultural Society
- Performance Praxis 3: Working in the Industry
- Musical Theatre-making 3: Collaborative Project
- Devising Project: the Professional Showcase
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Tuition fee for local students is £9250
- Tuition fee for International students is £17370
About this institute
Goldsmiths, University of London
With an academic legacy dating back to 1891, Goldsmiths has a rich heritage in the arts and creative disciplines and offers degrees in subjects from the humanities and social sciences to computing and law. Students at Goldsmiths are encouraged to...
Why study at Goldsmiths, University of London
At Goldsmiths we're constantly exploring, questioning and reshaping the world. You can challenge yourself through our innovative degrees and world-leading academics that will inspire you to see the world differently.
At Goldsmiths you’ll change how you think and be inspired to develop fresh ideas and new approaches to your studies. We champion degrees that provoke thought and stretch the imagination. That’s why so many of our former students are leading the way in reshaping the sociocultural landscape on a global scale.
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Drama: Musical Theatre? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Bowling Green, United States of America