About this program
BA (Hons) Arts Management
This programme will equip you for working life in the arts and cultural industries, with a specific focus on working in and managing the arts.
Why study BA ;Arts Management ;at Goldsmiths?
- Culture and the arts are vital to the global economy. You'll develop a powerful combination of theoretical insights and professional practice skills to help you navigate these ;important and expanding sectors.
- You’ll learn how to understand arts and creative organisations, from small community endeavours through to world renowned flagship organisations. This ;will prepare you for a career in this fascinating subject, in settings such as museums, galleries, theatres, dance and live music venues, festivals, and cultural centres.
- The programme includes talks from experts and visits to cultural organisations, so you’ll gain direct experience of professional practice. You may also benefit from a work placement as part of your studies in, for example, an audience development, fundraising or event management context. ;
- We're based in London - a global leader in the arts and one of the most important cultural centres in the world. London is the perfect place to study this subject, giving you unrivalled access to a diverse range of arts organisations. The city will become your classroom.
- You can tailor the degree to your unique interests, through independent work in your final year.
We accept the following qualifications:
- A-level: BBB
- BTEC: DDM
- International Baccalaureate: 33 points overall with Three HL subjects at 655
- Access: Pass with 45 Level 3 credits including 30 Distinctions and a number of merits/passes in subject-specific modules
- Scottish qualifications: BBBBC (Higher) or BBC (Advanced Higher)
- European Baccalaureate: 75%
- Irish Leaving Certificate: H2 H2 H2 H2
We don’t assume you have any knowledge of anthropology, and welcome applications from anyone with arts, social studies or science backgrounds.
We also accept a wide range of international qualifications. Find out more about the qualifications we accept from around the world.
If English isn’t your first language, you will need an IELTS score (or equivalent English language qualification) of 6.0 with a 6.0 in writing and no element lower than 5.5 to study this programme. If you need assistance with your English language, we offer a range of courses that can help prepare you for degree-level study.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- You study the following compulsory modules. Arts in London
- Introduction to Arts and Cultural Theory
- Fundraising in the Arts
- Visual Culture
- Principles of Arts Management
- Events Management
- Perspectives on Capital: Cultural, Social, Financial, Critical
- Digital Cultures, Digital Literacies
You study the following compulsory modules and 30 credits of option modules.
- The Audience in Theory and Practice
- Contemporary Arts and Cultural Theory
- Managing Arts Organisations and Cultural Businesses
- Professional Practice in Arts Organisations and Cultural Businesses
- Cultural Policy in the Arts
You complete a dissertation and undertake an independent Professional Practice Project. You also choose optional modules to the value of 30 credits.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Tuition fee for local students is £9250
- Tuition fee for International students is £17050
Our students are currently working at diverse organisations such as Victoria and Albert Museum, Design Museum, and London Short Film Festival, and many more.
Careers in arts management including fundraising, press and communications, arts education, events management, business planning, and producing roles in all areas of the arts.
Message the school
About this institute
Goldsmiths, University of London
With an academic legacy dating back to 1891, Goldsmiths has a rich heritage in the arts and creative disciplines and offers degrees in subjects from the humanities and social sciences to computing and law. Students at Goldsmiths are encouraged to...
Why study at Goldsmiths, University of London
At Goldsmiths we're constantly exploring, questioning and reshaping the world. You can challenge yourself through our innovative degrees and world-leading academics that will inspire you to see the world differently.
At Goldsmiths you’ll change how you think and be inspired to develop fresh ideas and new approaches to your studies. We champion degrees that provoke thought and stretch the imagination. That’s why so many of our former students are leading the way in reshaping the sociocultural landscape on a global scale.
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Arts Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!