MSc Football Business
This in-depth programme is designed for those who wish to develop an appreciation of key areas shaping the current landscape of the football industry. The programme provides opportunities to engage in different aspects of football business including areas such as governance and regulation, consumer engagement, operational management and business development. From TV deals to player transfers, football is now a global, multi-billion-pound industry that is in need of more industry specific qualified individuals.
Applicants should hold a 2:1 honours degree or a recognised overseas equivalent. Applicants may be accepted with a 2:2 honours degree (or equivalent) provided that they can otherwise demonstrate a strong profile with 50% or above in their dissertation module.
Professional experience and industry qualifications can be assessed for applicants without the standard entry requirements.
All applicants will be provided with an opportunity to be assessed and to discuss their suitability for the programme with the academic team.
All applicants are also provided with information relating to student services, with whom they can make contact, should they require additional support or advice as well as information related to appropriate bursaries and funds.
Applicants from non-majority English speaking countries will be asked for an English qualification which tests Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing and will be asked to achieve an overall IELTS score of 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in each section) or recognised equivalent.
GIS cannot currently sponsor non-EU students’ visas.
You will not need a visa to study in the UK if:
- You are a British citizen
- You are a citizen of a European Economic Area (EEA) member state or Switzerland
- You have a visa to stay in the UK for another purpose that allows you to study
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Together with the University of East London, we are taking the opportunity to review and reinvigorate our curriculum. The modules below are planned for delivery on the programme beginning in September 2021, but are still to be confirmed at a validation event beforehand:
- Football Fan Engagement
- Football Operations Management
- Football Finance
- Global Sports Leadership
- Applied Professional Project
- Global Sports Consulting and Analysis (Option)
- Sport Law and Governance (Option)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Full-time (one year)
- Home Students: £10,950
- International Students: £16,450
Part-time (two years)
- Home Students: £5,475
- International Students: £8,225
The main educational aims of the course are to:
- To unite, inspire and equip the current and future leaders of the global sports industry, with the skills knowledge and network to take the world of sport to continually new heights.
- Develop students’ ability to think critically and creatively about football business.
- Provide opportunities for students to solve complex problems related to the football industry.
- Facilitate opportunities for students to conduct research and enquiry into football business issues.
- Provide opportunities for students to communicate complex ideas and arguments about the football industry.
- Enable students to continue to learn through reflection on practice and experience within football business settings.
- Develop awareness of the importance of change within diverse situations impacting upon the football landscape.
- Enable students to believe in bold, passionate leadership with a focus on success.
- Develop students’ ability to develop a diversity of thought, and recognise and apply ethical practices which shape the choices within the football industry.
The programme has been developed for those with aspirations towards senior management positions within the core functional departments of the football industry, spanning financial and accounting roles or operational roles within football, including the ability to rise to senior managerial roles due to the management aspect of the degree.
About this institute
Global Institute of Sport
UCFB’s Global Institute of Sport (GIS) offers ground-breaking Master’s degree programmes in the football and sports industry utilising a global network of industry leaders and elite stadium venues in the UK, US, Canada and Australia. GIS also hosts a world-class...
Want to know more about MSc Football Business? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Campbellsville, United States of America