MSc International AgribusinessGISMA Business School
MSc International Agribusiness
All available course dates
MSc International Agribusiness
Agribusiness – understand, connect, innovate. Shape the future of an industry in upheaval and change.
The international food and agribusiness sector has a huge potential for growth and innovation. There is an imminent need for well-versed shapers and makers to take advantage of these opportunities.
This programme focuses on mastering change in global agribusiness and uncertainty, opening channels for success and innovation. It includes application-oriented teaching of the economic interrelationships of agribusiness and the value chain from agricultural production and processing, logistics and marketing to retail and consumers. An integral part is environmental protection and the social sustainability of agribusiness.
In this programme, we combine practical and theoretical expertise with high practical relevance and applicability. Understanding international agribusiness and the interconnection between sectors and business areas will be crucial for organisational and personal success. Not only accepting the network organisation of the future but also embracing the change and potential it offers.
What will you learn?
You’ll learn how the complete value chain works from production to plate, giving you the ability to enter almost any role within the sector.
- You get an overview of the complete value chain in agribusiness - from farm to fork!
- You are prepared to face the challenges of agribusiness in transition.
- You have in-depth knowledge and skills of modern organisational and management concepts for internationally operating companies in the agri-food industry.
- You know about current innovations, e.g. from the processing of plant and animal products to the potential of e-commerce and blockchain technologies.
- You have gained a systemic and overarching understanding of agribusiness.
- You are aware of the impact of changes that result from digital technologies on society, business, culture and the individual.
- You know how to create more resilience and adaptiveness with regard to resources in agribusiness, especially water as a resource.
- You can develop strategies to eliminate and recycle waste in food processing.
- You are able, through academic knowledge and practical tools, to direct this impact to set up individuals and organisations for success.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
- 1 year of work experience
- English proficiency: B2 (IELTS 6.0) or equivalent
The programme is perfect for those with undergraduate degrees in business, economics, geography, agricultural sciences, agronomy or other comparable fields of study. It is designed for aspiring professionals who want to leave their mark in international agribusiness. It is designed for ambitious individuals who want to excel in cross-functional roles and settings, bringing together knowledge and expertise from different fields.
Prior work experience is a must and will be a core benefit for the student group.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Agribusiness Value Chain
- Agribusiness: An Introduction
- Water and Resources in Agribusiness
- Sustainable Agriculture and Food Production
- Concepts and Methods of Agribusiness Marketing
- Food Safety, Labelling and Regulation
- Waste Elimination & Recycling in Food Processing
- Global Supply Chain Management
Business Environment, Control and Sustainability
- International Economics
- Finance and Risk Management
- CSR, Diversity and Ethics
- T.I.M.E. in a Digital World
- Digital Marketing and Analytics
Leadership, action and intercultural competencies
- Management of People in Cross Cultural Environments
- Study abroad or Internship or Business Project
Scientific and Methods Competence
- Research Methods and Scientific Work
- Master Thesis
*Programme content subject to change
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the institute website.
GISMA Business School supports flexible and individual learning by applying a systematic hybrid learning scheme.
You will spend part of your lectures in class at our Berlin-Potsdam campus. These face-to-face phases are complemented by e-learning sessions. You will work on cases, reflect on readings, take part in online discussions, and participate in group exercises and projects. This variety of learning methods is part of our unique teaching strategy, which includes student-centred pedagogy, project-based learning, collaborative learning, and personalised coaching.
You can start working on your master thesis after you have earned two thirds of the total programme credits. The thesis takes three months in the 1-year programme and six months in the 2-year programme.
From € 11,000 per year
About this institute
GISMA Business School
Since its establishment in 1999, GISMA Business School has paved the way for talented and skilled individuals to develop tech-driven and innovative solutions to some of the biggest challenges in the business world. With our goals in mind, we are...
Why study at GISMA Business School
- A tailored approach to students throughout programmes
- GISMA’s MBA programme enjoys accreditation by the Association of MBAs (AMBA), an honour the school has had since 2011
- Over 40 nationalities represented by our students
- Exciting city centre locations in Berlin, Hannover, Hamburg and London
- All programs taught in English with the option to learn German for free alongside your studies
- Programs have top global rankings – the MIB is ranked 20th in the world by the Economist (2017)
- Scholarships, flexible payment plans and early-bird discounts available.
** Business Insider
*** According to statistics and data from ICEF monitor.
Want to know more about MSc International Agribusiness? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
's-Hertogenbosch (Den Bosch), Netherlands