About this program
The London School of Economics and Political Science - Leadership and Change
Explore leadership in the context of change and disruption, while developing the tools and techniques required to be an authentic, transformational leader.
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement fromThe London School of Economics and Political Science
The eight-week Leadership and Change online certificate course from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) is designed to equip business leaders with the tools and expertise to survive, grow, and thrive in times of transformation. Whether it’s caused by disruptive technology or shifting market conditions, or as the result of internal organisational initiatives, leadership transitions, or mergers and acquisitions, change is a business constant, and the ability to manage it is key to corporate resilience.
Explore and develop your own authentic leadership strengths, while gaining the expertise to create coaching plans that apply widely accepted principles and models for professional development. With a comprehensive understanding of ethics in business and decision-making, as well the importance of psychological safety and diversity, you’ll have access to the techniques and frameworks needed to use change as an opportunity for enhanced competitive advantage.
This Leadership and Change online certificate course is certified by the United Kingdom CPD Certification Service, and may be applicable to individuals who are members of, or are associated with, UK-based professional bodies. The course has an estimated 70 hours of learning.
Is this course for you?
This course is designed to empower leaders and equip them with the tools to excel in times of external and internal change. Business leaders in both the private and public sectors will develop the skills and insights to anticipate, facilitate, and sustain change in their context. Entrepreneurs, managers of teams, heads of departments, and those aspiring to be in these positions, will learn how to plan and navigate for change as well as prove their readiness for promotion. HR professionals who are responsible for organisational development and change management will learn how to hire and train employees, while consultants will enhance their abilities to advise and support companies going through a transformation.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Develop the tools and capabilities to lead during times of change as you work through the weekly modules of this online certificate course.
Welcome to your Online Campus
Contemporary themes in business ethics
Leading change and effective influence
Leading diverse teams
A culture of collaboration
Character and ethical decision-making
Coaching andmentoring to develop others
- 8 weeks (excluding orientation)
- 6-8 hours per week
- Self-paced learning online
Total Tuition Fee :£2500
About the certificate
- Learn how to lead effectively during times of change and earn an official certificate of competence from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the course.
- Your certificate will be issued in your legal name and sent to you upon successful completion of the course, as per the stipulated requirements.
What will set you apart
On completion of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- An understanding of your authentic leadership strengths in order to effectively lead within the context of change and disruption.
- Knowledge of psychological safety and pro-diversity, and each concept's relationship to effective team leadership, as well as the ability to apply elements of the transformational and transactional leadership model to your organisation.
- The tools to drive change through collaboration, communication, and influence, and an enhanced understanding of organisational culture, along with a culture map that plots out values, behaviours, and practical steps.
- The skills to address individual and organisational ethical dilemmas using decision-making frameworks that help draw the link between personal and corporate purpose.
- A development plan for employees, created by using coaching and mentorship principles, as well as GROW (Goals, Reality, Options, Will) and solutions-focused models.
About this institute
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...
Why study at GetSmarter
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
Be the first to write a review!