About this program
Institute for Management Development (IMD) - Cybersecurity for Managers
Gain the frameworks and vocabulary to make better strategic decisions that boost your organizations cyber resilience from top to bottom.
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement fromInstitute for Management Development (IMD)
As the digital environment expands, methods behind cyberattacks become increasingly sophisticated, and the threats themselves take on new forms. Consumers are exceedingly conscientious about the protection of their shared data. And leading companies are learning that preserving trust is integral to customer experience, and a potent tool for strengthening their competitive advantage. In fact, many outperforming organizations distinguish themselves by sharpening their operational and strategic efforts in one specific area: cybersecurity.1
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) Cybersecurity for Managers online program takes a practical, non-technical approach to help you understand and navigate the evolving cybersecurity landscape. Over five weeks, youll gain the tools to effectively leverage current data protection regulations and build on the security systems you already have in place. Guided by industry experts, youll explore the future of cybersecurity in relation to the mainstream adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and the internet of things (IoT). Finally, youll evaluate whether your organization is prepared for what's to come and develop an action plan to identify, prepare for, and respond to various cyberthreats.
Is this program for you?
This program expands on basic cybersecurity concepts and practices to explore senior level planning and decision-making. As a result, its ideally suited to those who have an interest in the connection between business value and cybersecurity management, whether they have technical experience or not. Business leaders who are tasked with promoting greater security awareness, or non-technical executives who recognize the importance of prioritizing security, will gain insight into the operational realities of cybersecurity implementation strategies. Additionally, people in management positions will learn to motivate for the adoption of better cybersecurity strategies in their organizations.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Explore a practical, non-technical approach to leading cybersecurity as you work through the weekly modules of this online program.
Welcome to your Online Campus
The new cyberthreat landscape
Cybersecurity strategy and risk management
Governing cybersecurity in the organization
Cybersecurity incident response handling
The short-term outlook for cybersecurity
- 5 weeks (excluding orientation)
- 6-8 hours per week
- Self-paced learning online
Total Tuition Fee :£1542
About the certificate
- Learn cybersecurity management and earn an official certificate of completion from the Institute for Management Development (IMD).
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, youll need to meet the requirements outlined in the program handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the program.
- Successful completion of this online program counts towards your IMD alumni status. Find out more.
- Your certificate will be issued in your legal name and sent to you upon successful completion of the program, as per the stipulated requirements.
What will set you apart
On completion of this program, youll walk away with:
- Insight into the new cybersecurity landscape, and threats that pose the most risk to your industry or organization.
- A cybersecurity strategy designed for your organizations assets and risks that boost business value.
- An understanding of existing data protection regulations, and the ability to assess your organizations cybersecurity governance strategy and preparedness for potential breaches.
- A practical approach to effective cybersecurity incident response planning and best practices for managing an incident.
- The knowledge to assess how well prepared your organization is for the short-term future by understanding the evolving trends in cybersecurity.
About this institute
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...
Why study at GetSmarter
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
Be the first to write a review!