About this program
Office Administration - Executive
Students acquire administrative knowledge and develop skills in diverse technologies to be able to effectively perform in a variety of executive environments. With an emphasis on international relations, diverse clientele, law and ethics, and procurement standards for industry, students have the opportunity to develop supervisory,leadership, and training skills with global focus.
Students in all Office Administration streams enroll in a common first semester. As theygain experience and background, they have course selection options to complementprescribed office administration curriculum and further their interests, skills, and careergoals.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
Mature students, non-secondary school applicants (19 years or older), and home schoolapplicants may also be considered for admission. Eligibility may be met by applicantswho have taken equivalent courses, upgrading, completed their GED, and equivalency testing.
Applicants who have taken courses from a recognized and accredited post-secondaryinstitution and/or have relevant life/learning experience may also be considered foradmission
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Business Documentation and Text Processing
- Office Procedures and Strategies
- Computer Applications 1 for the Office
- Professional Development and Employability 1
- Advanced Business Documentation
- Multi Media Communications
- Office Math Applications
- Computer Applications 2 for the Office
- Professional Development and Employability 2
- Integrated Office Simulations
- Bookkeeping for the Office Professional
- Social and Digital Communications
- Project Management for the Office Professional
- Executive Administration and Business Management
- Computerized Administrative Simulations
- Fundamentals of Records and Information Management
- Global Competencies and Ethical Law
- Financial Management for the Executive Assistant
Tuition fee: $16,507.67 CAD
Credential: Ontario College Certificate
Program Learning Outcomes
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- conduct oneself professionally and adhere to relevant legislation, standards andcodes of ethics;
- manage the scheduling, coordination and organization of administrative tasks andworkflow within specific deadlines and according to set priorities;
- coordinate the collection, analysis, distribution and response to communications inthe workplace to facilitate the flow of information;
- operate and provide support related to the use, maintenance and procurement ofoffice equipment and technologies;
- evaluate, establish and administer a variety of records management systems toensure confidential, secure, accessible and organized electronic and paper records;
- produce financial documents and reports by identifying and compiling relevantinformation and using accounting software;
- prepare and produce a variety of business documents using available technologiesand applying industry standards;
- use interpersonal, leadership and client service skills to respond to diversity and tosupport the vision and mission of the organization;
- research, analyze and summarize information on resources and services andprepare summary reports with recommendation;
- select and use information technologies to support communication with internaland external stakeholders and to promote the organization;
- organize and coordinate meetings, conferences, special events and make travelarrangements, including the preparation of related documentation;
- support the implementation of projects by applying basic principles of projectmanagement;
- apply basic entrepreneurial strategies, employing critical thinking and ethics withinthe Office Administration field;
- employ environmentally sustainable practices within the industry.
Graduates of this program are well qualified for a variety of challenging careers and maygain employment in both domestic and international government, education, corporations (all-sizes), entertainment,telecommunications, manufacturing, banking, and numerous professional services. Graduates may hold positions as administrative, executive or research assistants,customer service representatives, information processing specialists, and softwareapplications specialists, with career paths leading to supervisory or office managementroles.
Message the school
About this institute
Established in 1967, Georgian College (Canada) is a public college with 125+ market-driven programs offered to over 13,000 full time students including about 4,500 international students from 60 countries. Its 100-acre flagship campus, located in Barrie, is just an hour...
Want to know more about Office Administration - Executive? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!