Global Business ManagementGeorgian College Applied Arts and Technology
Global Business Management
All available course dates
About this program
Global Business Management
This program is designed to prepare university and college graduates from a wide range of educational and cultural backgrounds to work as managers in international and domestic businesses of various size. Students develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to manage the human, physical, and financial resources associated with international trade. The first year covers fundamental business knowledge and skills, while more complex international situations and strategic areas are the focus of the second year. The course of study promotes teamwork and leadership skills, and enhances students’ capacity to work effectively in cross-cultural environments.
Post-secondary diploma or degree, or equivalent; education or experience in a business setting is desirable.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Communications for Global Business Managers
- Management Accounting and Finance
- Managerial Economics
- Business Statistics and Research Methods
- Global Market Entry Strategies
- World Geographies and Cultures
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Global Human Resource Management
- Geopolitics of Trade and Development
- International Financial Management
- Global Market Research
- Career Management for Global Leaders
- International Corporate Responsibility
- Innovation in the Global Marketplace
- International Marketing Management and Sales
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Global Business Strategy 1
- Global Management and Leadership
- Management Information Systems for Global Business Operations
- Global Business Strategy 2
Tuition fee: $19,201.67 CAD
Credential: Ontario College Graduate Certificate
Program Learning Outcomes
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- collect, process and interpret data used to support international business;
- develop, execute and analyze the results of a comprehensive global business plan which includes complete marketing, operations, financial and human resources strategies and tactics, taking into account the impact of various economic, legal, cultural, geographical, and political situations on international business;
- conduct business with diverse populations using culturally appropriate methods in compliance with relevant national and international law, legislation, policies, and regulations;
- assist in the importing and exporting functions of a business;
- plan, direct, execute and evaluate individual and team projects;
- implement strategies utilizing domestic and foreign government programs, policies, and agencies which facilitate international trade;
- apply financial knowledge and skill to the operation of an international business;
- apply leadership and teamwork skills establishing and maintaining working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, clients, customers and consumers;
- apply quality control and assurance programs to sourcing and supplying;
- apply the principles of business ethics and international corporate responsibility;
- develop new products and services consistent with evolving market needs;
- evaluate the viability of marketing a product or service in an international market or markets;
- develop personal professional development strategies and plans to enhance leadership and management skills;
- apply entrepreneurial strategies to maximize the effectiveness of international business initiatives;
- employ environmentally sustainable practices within the profession.
Graduates of this program are prepared for entry-level management positions in research, marketing, sales, project management, information management, supply chain, and finance. Graduates may work in a broad range of employment settings in all sectors of business and industry, in both domestic and international locations. Graduates may also use their entrepreneurial skills to open their own business or act as consultants.
Message the school
About this institute
Established in 1967, Georgian College (Canada) is a public college with 125+ market-driven programs offered to over 13,000 full time students including about 4,500 international students from 60 countries. Its 100-acre flagship campus, located in Barrie, is just an hour...
Want to know more about Global Business Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!