Business AdministrationGeorgian College Applied Arts and Technology
All available course dates
About this program
Students engage with topics that are as diverse as business itself. Students develop the fundamental knowledge and skills for success in business and management. The broad range of choice in the third year provides students with the opportunity to tailor the diploma to unique career goals, including options in payroll, accounting, computers, advertising, marketing, logistics, human resource, entrepreneurship, international business management, leadership and the completion of external certification requirements.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
- any Grade 11 or 12 Mathematics (C, M, or U)
Minimum of 60% in Grade 11 College or University level Mathematics (MBF3C or MCF3M)
Mature students, non-secondary school applicants (19 years or older), and home school applicants may also be considered for admission. Eligibility may be met by applicants who have taken equivalent courses, upgrading, completed their GED, and equivalency testing.
Applicants who have taken courses from a recognized and accredited post-secondary institution and/or have relevant life/learning experience may also be considered for admission.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Financial Accounting Principles 1
- Introduction to Organizational Behaviour
- Microcomputer Applications
- Mathematics of Finance
- Introduction to Marketing
- Customer Service
- Human Resources Management Foundations
- Professional Edge
- Finance and Management Accounting
- Principles of Management
- Introduction to Project Management
- Statistics 1
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business
- Business Finance
- Business Law
- Production and Operations Management
- Business Ethics
- Managerial Decision Making
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
Length: 6 Semesters, plus 3 work terms
For more information about tuition fees, please contact the University.
Credential: Ontario College Advanced Diploma, Co-op
Program Learning Outcomes
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- evaluate the impact of global issues on an organization’s business opportunities by using an environmental scan;
- apply principles of corporate sustainability, corporate social responsibility and ethics to support an organization’s business initiatives;
- assess and use current concepts/systems and technologies to support an organization's business initiatives;
- conduct and present research to support business decision making;
- plan, implement and evaluate projects by applying project management principles;
- perform work in compliance with relevant statutes, regulations and business practices;
- apply human resource practices to support management objectives and the organization's goals;
- use accounting and financial principles to support the management and operations of an organization;
- assess marketing and sales concepts and strategies and apply them to the needs of an organization;
- outline principles of supply chain management and operations management and assess their impact on the operations of an organization;
- participate in the development of a business plan;
- develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance in the business field;
- outline strategies used to manage risks in an organization's business activities;
- employ environmentally sustainable practices within the business environment;
- apply basic entrepreneurial strategies to identify and respond to new opportunities.
Career opportunities may include, but are not limited to, management trainee/manager, sales/sales management, personnel officer/manager in addition to entrepreneurial opportunities. Employers include banks, finance, trust and insurance companies, computer firms, government ministries and agencies, producers of consumer and industrial products, wholesalers, retailers, private companies and non-profit organizations.
Message the school
About this institute
Established in 1967, Georgian College (Canada) is a public college with 125+ market-driven programs offered to over 13,000 full time students including about 4,500 international students from 60 countries. Its 100-acre flagship campus, located in Barrie, is just an hour...
Want to know more about Business Administration? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!