Master of Science in Finance, Major in International FinanceGeneva Business School - Geneva
Geneva Business School’s MBA in International Finance is designed to develop your knowledge of global finance through training in the conceptual, analytical and empirical intricacies of modern international finance. You will learn key concepts of taxation, estate planning, risk management, and financial analysis and will afford students opportunities to connect with Europe’s top commercial hubs.
The Master of Science in Finance with a Major in International Finance is developed for you to understand the macroeconomic forces that shape the world today, how to assess risk and respond to emerging finance and investment challenges. Geneva Business School has established a trading partner with the London Academy of Trading, to offer short term trading sessions during the final 6 month Thesis period, increasing job opportunities afterwards.
Over the course of this program you will
- Acquire knowledge of international taxation and estate planning.
- Learn risk management and gain an in-depth knowledge of insurance companies.
- Be able to perform a Technical Analysis.
- Be familiar with Hedge Fund analysis and management.
- Explore financial statement analysis for executives.
Who is the Master of finance with a major in International Finance suitable for?
This program is designed for people who want to shape the future, people who understand that the world has become an interconnected global village, driven by forces that most people find difficult to understand. Graduates of the program will be able to work in finance houses, stock exchanges, banks, insurance companies and investment companies.
The program is of particular relevance to those working, or planning to work as:
- Assets Manager
- International organisations treasurer manager
- International financial manager
- International financial consultant
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a related field
- IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 74 (official English exam results) or proof of studying previously in an English-speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years
- 3 years of work experience or equivalent
- A 500-word written response to a business case study
- An interview with a representative from the academic team on their chosen campus. Their response to the case study will be discussed in the interview
- A scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts, and academic certificates
- Photocopy of valid passport / national ID
- Reference letters from their former academic institution and from their current employer (if applicable)
- Prerequisite: Knowledge of accounting, finance, or economics. If prerequisites have not studied previously, Pre-Master classes can be taken during summer or with online level courses such as Peregrine and obtaining a minimum 60% on the self tests.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Duration: 1.5 years
Credits: 90 ECTS
Intakes: February and September
Degree Awarded: Master of Science in Finance with a Major in International Finance
Transfer Opportunities: We offer our students the option to transfer for a semester between our Geneva and Barcelona campuses
Internships: We support students in gaining gain practical skills and networking opportunities through internships.
Locations: Geneva Campus and Barcelona Campus
Application Fee: CHF 150 (Non-refundable, paid upon application)
Administration Fee: CHF 3,000 (One time fee, refund of 80% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
Tuition per semester: CHF12,950 (Total 1.5 year program / 3 semesters) (Refund of 100% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
Total: CHF 42,000
Degree: Master of Science in Finance with a Major in International Finance.
About this institute
Geneva Business School - Geneva
Welcome to Geneva Business School! Geneva Business School here is a leading institution that provides cutting-edge Swiss Quality Education. Our programs are taught 100% in English and our campuses are located in major European cities such as Geneva and Barcelona....
Average rating 4Based on 1 reviews
Want to know more about Master of Science in Finance, Major in International Finance? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.