Master of Science in Finance, Major in International FinanceGeneva Business School - Barcelona
Geneva Business School’s MBA in International Finance is designed to develop your knowledge of global finance through training in the conceptual, analytical and empirical intricacies of modern international finance. You will learn key concepts of taxation, estate planning, risk management, and financial analysis and will afford students opportunities to connect with Europe’s top commercial hubs.
The Master of Science in Finance with a Major in International Finance is developed for you to understand the macroeconomic forces that shape the world today, how to assess risk and respond to emerging finance and investment challenges. GBS has established a trading partner with the London Academy of Trading, to offer short term trading sessions during the final 6 month Thesis period, increasing job opportunities afterwards.
- Acquire knowledge of international taxation and estate planning.
- Learn risk management and gain an in-depth knowledge of insurance companies.
- Be able to perform a Technical Analysis.
- Be familiar with Hedge Fund analysis and management.
- Explore financial statement analysis for executives.
Who is the Master of finance with a major in International Finance suitable for?
This program is designed for people who want to shape the future, people who understand that the world has become an interconnected global village, driven by forces that most people find difficult to understand. Graduates of the program will be able to work in finance houses, stock exchanges, banks, insurance companies and investment companies.
The program is of particular relevance to those working, or planning to work as:
- Assets Manager
- International organisations treasurer manager
- International financial manager
- International financial consultant
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a related field
- IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 74 (English Official English exam results) or proof of studying previously in an English speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years
- Scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts and academic certificates obtained
- A 500-word essay: What can you bring to the GBS community?
- Photocopy of valid passport / National ID
- 1 reference letter
- Prerequisite: Knowledge of Accounting, Finance, Economics. If prerequisites were not studied previously, Pre-Master classes can be taken during summer or with online level courses such as Peregrine and obtaining a minimum of 60% on the self-tests.
- 2 years of work experience or equivalent
Duration: 1.5 years
Credits: 90 ECTS
Intakes: February and September
Degree Awarded: Master of Science in Finance with a Major in International Finance
Transfer Opportunities: We offer our students the option to transfer for a semester between our Geneva and Barcelona campuses
Internships: We provide the access to internship opportunities in international companies and organizations
Locations: Geneva Campus and Barcelona Campus
The program requires the successful completion of 90 credits. The program consists of 4 groups of courses common for all Masters, from which students may select the desired subjects to study: Core Courses (21 ECTS), Elective Courses (15 ECTS), the Orientation Courses (18 ECTS) and the Master Thesis (36 ECTS), which are mandatory to complete the selected major. The orientation week will focus on your International Finance major and you will be able to present your final project to your tutors and get feedback and guidance towards its completion.Beyond the main Business modules offered within each major, students also take specialization courses, such as:
- Wealth Management
- Hedge Fund Analysis and Management
- Finance and Backing
- International Financial Crisis
- Capital Budgeting
- Financial Markets
Application Fee: €150 (Non-refundable, paid upon application)
Administration Fee: €1,900 (One time fee, refund of 80% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
Tuition per semester: €7,460 (Total 1.5 year program / 3 semesters) (Refund of 100% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
Degree: Master of Science in Finance with a Major in International Finance.
Geneva Business School - Barcelona Campus
Welcome to GBS! Geneva Business School (GBS) here is a leading institution that provides cutting-edge Swiss Quality Education. Our programs are taught 100% in English and our campuses are located in major European cities such as Geneva and Barcelona. Our...
Want to know more about Master of Science in Finance, Major in International Finance? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.