About this program
Science and Engineering B.Sc./B.Eng.
The study programme provides an interdisciplinary introduction to three fields of engineering: Applied Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and Food Technology. Students are familiarized with different subject disciplines and acquire foundational skills. Afterwards, students specialize in one of the above areas. Linguistic, intercultural, social and cultural skills are taught in addition to subject-related course work.
The study programme is international in design: courses of the first two semesters are conducted in English. German skills at the level of the DSH2 examination are acquired during the first four semesters. Students with German skills at the DSH2 level acquire similar skills in a foreign language.
- You enjoy science and technology.
- You are keen to get an insight into different kinds of engineering so that you can subsequently decide on the right specialisation for your degree programme.
- You want to prepare yourself in the best possible way for internationalisation in industry by learning other languages.
- You have a high-school leaving certificate, technical high-school leaving certificate or a qualification as a master craftsman.
- Your proficiency in English is good enough (B2 level) for you to follow teaching in English.
- You also need evidence of German language skills (Level B1 or equivalent).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Mathematics for Engineers I
- Introduction to Science and Engineering
- Chemistry for Engineers
- Law and Society
- Intercultural Communication
- Mathematics for Engineers II
- Introduction to Computer Science for Engineering
- Physics for Engineers
- Engineering Science in Germany
Semesters 3 to 7
Modules for your chosen specialization: Applied Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Food Technology
- Practical Project
- Bachelor`s thesis
Scholarships & funding
If you need help to fund your studies at Fulda University, there are a number of options to choose from. For more information, please check the university website.
The language of instruction in the introductory part of the programme (“Basisstudium”) isEnglish. This helps to improve access to the programme for international students and to develop the language skills of German students.
There's no getting around it - money is an important issue for students these days. The first piece of good news for students at Fulda University is that there are usually no tuition fees at universities in Germany! Thanks to generous subsidies and support from the state, students from Germany and international students alike have access to higher education at a very low cost.
There is, however, a semester fee of around €300. This fee helps to cover the cost of student services and student government and pays for your Semester Ticket, which entitles you to free public transport in Fulda and the federal state of Hesse.
Degree:Depending on your chosen specialization, you will acquire a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) or a Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.) degree.
The study programme prepares students for working in an international environment. Graduates acquire skills in planning, processing and evaluating technical or specialist tasks and problems in engineering disciplines.
Message the school
About this institute
Fulda University of Applied Sciences
Fulda University of Applied Sciences is a practice-oriented university with an international profile that offers both traditional study programs, such as Business Administration, Applied Computer Science and Electrical Engineering as well as innovative degrees such as Renewable Energy, E-Health, Nutrition,...
Why study at Fulda University of Applied Sciences
- A wide range of options
- Applied sciences – combining theory and practice
- Focus on student´s employability and future career
- State-of-the-art equipment and the latest technology
- From preparatory programme to doctorate
- Thriving international community
- Short distances and close personal contact
- Support where it is needed
- Historic city with a central location in Germany and Europe
- Various recreational amenities
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
Want to know more about Science and Engineering B.Sc./B.Eng.? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America