About this program
International Health Sciences B.Sc.
Borders don't stop diseases – neither influenza, nor AIDS, nor the typical diseases associated with poverty, such as tuberculosis and malaria. Likewise, the social, political, and economic causes of disease are not confined to individual countries. Rather, all countries and, thus, the entire world population are affected by social megatrends such as urbanisation, climate change, flexibilisation of work, demographic change, and digitisation, as well as the impact of these megatrends on individual and public health. For emerging and developing countries, these effects result in a double burden of disease. Health opportunities are unevenly distributed within and between countries. This situation implies a growing need for the regional and global coordination and enforcement of health policy decisions and measures.
This programme is for you if:
- You have earned your university entrance qualification.
- You are proficient in English (at least at the B2 level) and in German (at least at the B1 level) and want to further increase your language proficiency and are interested in learning more languages.
- You are interested in intercultural exchange and enjoy being in different countries.
- You want to make a difference in society.
- You are interested in health as well as in national and international political processes and the institutions involved in them.
University entrance qualification; language proficiency levels: German B1, English B2
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Over the course of your studies, you will be able to choose a focus area or specialisation, in which you will deepen your understanding of a particular aspect of health sciences (30 to 40 ETCS credits, depending on your choice of modules). The relevant modules are generally offered in German, with some of them available in English as well. The three specialisations available to you are:
- Health Promotion
- Health Economics and Health Policy
- Health Management
If you already graduated from a study programme that qualifies you for a health profession, and you are entitled to practising this profession in Germany, you may apply to have this completed programme accepted as a substitute for your specialisation. It would then be recorded as such in your graduation certificate.
Your studies will be complemented by a targeted, field-specific broadening of your intercultural and foreign language skills (60 to 70 ECTS credits, depending on your choice of modules). For students whose first language is German, this part of the programme includes a compulsory semester of study abroad (30 ECTS credits). Students whose first language is not German will obtain equivalent ECTS credits by taking relevant modules at a German university.
Scholarships & funding
If you need help to fund your studies at Fulda University, there are a number of options to choose from. For more information, please check the university website.
The programme is bilingual (English, German) and structured differently for students whose primary language is German and for students with other native languages.
There's no getting around it - money is an important issue for students these days. The first piece of good news for students at Fulda University is that there are usually no tuition fees at universities in Germany! Thanks to generous subsidies and support from the state, students from Germany and international students alike have access to higher education at a very low cost.
There is, however, a semester fee of around €300. This fee helps to cover the cost of student services and student government and pays for your Semester Ticket, which entitles you to free public transport in Fulda and the federal state of Hesse.
Degree: Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
A bachelor's degree in “International Health Sciences” will open up opportunities to graduates in a variety of fields within organisations in international development, the health system in Germany and other countries, in globally operating organisations and companies. Alternatively, they may pursue a subsequent Master's degree in a related field, such as Public Health.
Potential field of work either at an international level or with reference to international activities of our graduates might exist at:
- Multilateral organisations related to health topics such as the World Health Organization (WHO), the International Labour Organization (ILO), the European Union (EU), the World Bank (WB), the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO), or UNICEF
- Governmental institutions in Germany and abroad
- Institutions of the German health and social systems
- German and other public bilateral and multilateral development organisations
- Faith-based and charitable development organisations
- Non-government organisations in Germany and other countries
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- German and international consultancy companies
- Internationally operating companies.
Message the school
About this institute
Fulda University of Applied Sciences
Fulda University of Applied Sciences is a practice-oriented university with an international profile that offers both traditional study programs, such as Business Administration, Applied Computer Science and Electrical Engineering as well as innovative degrees such as Renewable Energy, E-Health, Nutrition,...
Why study at Fulda University of Applied Sciences
- A wide range of options
- Applied sciences – combining theory and practice
- Focus on student´s employability and future career
- State-of-the-art equipment and the latest technology
- From preparatory programme to doctorate
- Thriving international community
- Short distances and close personal contact
- Support where it is needed
- Historic city with a central location in Germany and Europe
- Various recreational amenities
Average rating 4.7Based on 3 reviews.
Want to know more about International Health Sciences B.Sc.? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Kent, United States of America