Global Software Development M.Sc.Fulda University of Applied Sciences
Global Software Development M.Sc.
All available course dates
About this program
Global Software Development M.Sc.
M.Sc. in Global Software Development is a modern software development programme with strong relevance to industry. The programme lasts 1.5 years. It is completely taught in English and places special emphasis on project work and intercultural teams.
The programme seeks to prepare graduates for careers as developers, who are able to participate in conception and realization of complex, distributed software systems in a global team. Successful applicants hold a first or undergraduate degree in computer science or a closely related discipline.
- Degree in computer science with 180 or 210 ECTS
- Final grade "Good"
- If you have 180 ECTS you have to additionally 30 ECTS during your study of GSD
- English language skills: TOEFL 550 points (paper-based test), 213 points (computer-based test), 85 points (internet-based test) od IELTS with a score of band 6,5
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- BigData and noSQL databases
- Cloud Computing
- Model-Driven Development
- Programming Paradigms
- Reconfigurable Computing
- Building Web and Mobile Apps
- Distributed Applications
- Global Distributed Software Development
- Machine Learning
- Parallel Programming
- Test-Oriented Development
Additional 30 ECTS (in case your first degree has 180 ECTS):
- Modules Department Applied Computer Science
- German Language Courses
- Semester Abroad
- Master Colloquium
- Master Thesis
- Intercultural Communication and Scientific Work
Scholarships & funding
If you need help to fund your studies at Fulda University, there are a number of options to choose from. For more information, please check the university website.
There's no getting around it - money is an important issue for students these days. The first piece of good news for students at Fulda University is that there are usually no tuition fees at universities in Germany! Thanks to generous subsidies and support from the state, students from Germany and international students alike have access to higher education at a very low cost.
There is, however, a semester fee of around €300. This fee helps to cover the cost of student services and student government and pays for your Semester Ticket, which entitles you to free public transport in Fulda and the federal state of Hesse.
Degree: Master of Science
Successful graduates will be:
- fluent in multiple programming languages
- able to work in a broad range of software development processes (e.g. agile, model driven, test centered, user centered)
- experienced with web infrastructure and web service technology
- experienced with multi-layered client-server applications
- able to work with multi-threading
- sensible for usability and accessability.
The international programme seeks to prepare graduates for careers as software developers, who are able to participate in conception and realization of complex, distributed software systems in a global team.
Message the school
About this institute
Fulda University of Applied Sciences
Fulda University of Applied Sciences is a practice-oriented university with an international profile that offers both traditional study programs, such as Business Administration, Applied Computer Science and Electrical Engineering as well as innovative degrees such as Renewable Energy, E-Health, Nutrition,...
Why study at Fulda University of Applied Sciences
- A wide range of options
- Applied sciences – combining theory and practice
- Focus on student´s employability and future career
- State-of-the-art equipment and the latest technology
- From preparatory programme to doctorate
- Thriving international community
- Short distances and close personal contact
- Support where it is needed
- Historic city with a central location in Germany and Europe
- Various recreational amenities
Average rating 4.7Based on 3 reviews.
This program is best for software developers, as it's more practical oriented and less research-based. While studying this course you will be able to learn new technologies, tools, industry standards and do actual practical work. Some industry and good programming experience are recommended for future students.
It is a practically-oriented degree program. Suitable for students who want to focus more on projects rather than theory during their degree. There are also theoretical courses in this program. Machine learning and the addition of a data sciences course make this degree program more attractive.
One of best masters program for people who are willing to learn in a more practical and modern way. To my surprise, I found professors are very much interested to experiment new techs unlike other universities.
Want to know more about Global Software Development M.Sc.? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.