German as a Foreign LanguageFriedensau Adventist University
German as a Foreign Language
German as a Foreign Language has been a part of Friedensau Adventist University (FAU) since 1993. Course participants with basic knowledge (at least GER A1 level) can prepare for their language exams for university qualification in three quarters. For prospective students without previous knowledge of the German language, we offer a beginners' course. The aim of both courses is the TestDaF or telc C1 Hochschule certificate (in German as a Foreign Language, which entitles the holder to study at German universities). For the students in the advanced course, it is possible to reach the level for this examination after one year. Experience suggests that beginners need 1.5 to two years.
Since 2003, FAU has also been part of the ACA (Adventist Colleges Abroad) consortium. This program enables students from the USA to spend a year in Germany and study German as their major or minor.
- Adult students without German language skills. You can take a one-year course up to level B1 (fluent intermediate German in speech and writing) or you can prepare for further studies in Germany in 1.5 to 2 years
- Adult students with some knowledge of German (at least A1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). You have the possibility to prepare for further studies in German (TestDaF or “C1 Hochschule”) in one year.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Beginning | intermediate | advanced German including grammar, vocabulary, listening comprehension, reading comprehension, writing, and speaking (20 units per week)
- Cultural studies | History
- German literature
- Conversation lab in small groups
- Independent reading
- Cultural excursions
- Advanced students may audit classes in theology and social science
- Music lessons
- Ceramics, horse-back riding and other activities
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- One year in 3 terms from September to June
- Courses offered: beginner and intermediate
Please contact the university for more information about pricing.
The intensive courses finish with the external examinations Goethe-Zertifikat B1 or the TestDaF/telc C1 Hochschule. The certificates TestDaF and C1 Hochschule qualifies foreign students to apply to German universities.
About this institute
Friedensau Adventist University
Friedensau Adventist University (FAU) is a state-accredited church-run university. It owns the School of Social Sciences and the School of Theology, as well as the language institute for German/English and biblical languages. There are about ten scientific institutes in various...
Want to know more about German as a Foreign Language? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Foundation / Pathway program