Pre-law In Interdisciplinary Studies Associate in Arts Degree
The Interdisciplinary Pre-Law degree is designed to provide students with the background and skills necessary to succeed in pre-law programs at 4-year institutions, and law schools. Students in this program will develop the reading comprehension, written communication, research, and critical reasoning skills that will help them excel in the legal field. In addition, students will gain an understanding and appreciation of historical, social, political and economic issues related to law. The courses in the program fit the general education requirements for the Associate’s Degree, as well as California State University and University of California transfer. Students enrolled in the pathway to law school program are encouraged to pursue the Interdisciplinary Pre-Law degree
International Students and Scholars Admission Requirements
To determine whether you are eligible for admission to our Fresno City College International Program, please review the following Admission Requirements, and submit the completed checklist with your other application materials:
- Student must be 18 years old prior to the start of the semester
- Affidavit of Support Form
- Cost of Attendance Acknowledgement Form
- Financial Documents
- TOEFL or IELTS Exam Results – Waived if student Graduated from a U.S. High School and/or if English is an official language of home country
- TOEFL Score Requirement Score of 500 Paper Based Test (PBT) or 61 Internet Based Test (iBT) required from students applying from their home country. If a student attended and completed an English Language Training Program in the U.S. we will consider accepting a score of 460 PBT or 48 iBT. Transcripts will be required from English Training Program for review.
- IELTS Score Requirement Overall Band Score of 5.5 required from students applying from home country with at least 5.0 in each subsection (Listening, reading, Writing, and Speaking). If a student attended and completed an English Language Training Program in the U.S. we will consider accepting an Overall Band Score of 5.0. Transcripts will be required from English Training Program for review.
- High School Graduation Requirement Official Graduation Certificate/Diploma, transcripts, and/or equivalent evidence of graduation from a Secondary School or its equivalent are required. If records are not in English, certified translation must be furnished.
For more information about admission requirement, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Required Core Courses
- Law and Democracy
- Business and the Legal Environment
- Concepts of Criminal Law
- Reading and Composition
- History of the United States since 1877
- Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Critical Reasoning and Analytic Writing
- Introduction to Logic
- American Government
- Legal and Judicial Reasoning
Select two courses:
- United States Civil War
- History of American Women
- History of Religion in the United States
- History of the American Civil Rights Movement
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
International and Out-of-State student fees for spring 2021 : $3480.00 per 12 credit units
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate independent and critical thinking regarding important topics in law.
- Conduct research and effectively write about historical, social, political and economic issues related to law.
About this institute
Fresno City College
FCC provides the first two years of American university education to help you get where you want to be. Students will receive an American education at an affordable cost. Our students enjoy and benefit from individualized staff guidance, academic counseling,...
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Des Moines, United States of America
San Jose, United States of America
Appleton, United States of America