Liberal Arts: Emphasis in Social Sciences Associate in Arts Degree
A program designed to acquaint the students with the diversity of subjects in the Social Sciences. The Social Sciences offer a broad study in human behavior. This area of emphasis will be an ideal choice for students planning to transfer to the California State University or University of California as students can satisfy their general education requirements, plus focus on transferable course work that relates to majors in liberal arts or liberal studies at CSU or UC. Each student should consult with a counselor for specific information regarding intended majors at the specific college/university of his/her choice.
International Students and Scholars Admission Requirements
To determine whether you are eligible for admission to our Fresno City College International Program, please review the following Admission Requirements, and submit the completed checklist with your other application materials:
- Student must be 18 years old prior to the start of the semester
- Affidavit of Support Form
- Cost of Attendance Acknowledgement Form
- Financial Documents
- TOEFL or IELTS Exam Results – Waived if student Graduated from a U.S. High School and/or if English is an official language of home country
- TOEFL Score Requirement Score of 500 Paper Based Test (PBT) or 61 Internet Based Test (iBT) required from students applying from their home country. If a student attended and completed an English Language Training Program in the U.S. we will consider accepting a score of 460 PBT or 48 iBT. Transcripts will be required from English Training Program for review.
- IELTS Score Requirement Overall Band Score of 5.5 required from students applying from home country with at least 5.0 in each subsection (Listening, reading, Writing, and Speaking). If a student attended and completed an English Language Training Program in the U.S. we will consider accepting an Overall Band Score of 5.0. Transcripts will be required from English Training Program for review.
- High School Graduation Requirement Official Graduation Certificate/Diploma, transcripts, and/or equivalent evidence of graduation from a Secondary School or its equivalent are required. If records are not in English, certified translation must be furnished.
For more information about admission requirement, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
18 units of core courses from any of the following courses:
- Introduction to African American Studies
- African-American Art
- American Indian Culture
- American Indian History
- Cultural Anthropology, or Honors Cultural Anthropology
- Archaeology and World Prehistory....................... 3
- Anthropology of Magic, Witchcraft, and Religion
- Indo-Chinese Americans
- Introduction to Asian-Americans
- American Pluralism: A Search for Common Ground in a Multicultural Society
- Introduction to Chicano-Latino Studies
- Mexican American History
- Child Growth and Development
- Introduction to Microeconomics, or Honors Introduction to Microeconomics
- Introduction to Macroeconomics, or Honors Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Cultural Geography
- World Geography
- World Geography
- Western Civilization to 1648, or Honors Western Civilization to 1648
- Western Civilization since 1648, or Honors Western Civilization since 1648
- History of the British Isles
- History of the Muslim World
- History of Ancient Greece
- United States Civil War
- History of American Women
- History of Mexico, Colonial to Contemporary Period
- California History.
- History of the American Civil Rights Movement
- Introduction to Social Welfare
- Modern Politics
- Comparative Government
- International Relations
- General Psychology, or Honors General Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Human Sexuality
- Personal and Social Adjustment
- Introduction to Sociology, or Honors Introduction to Sociology
- Critical Thinking about Social Problems
- American Minority Groups
- Introduction to Aging Studies
- Sociology of the Mexican American Community
- The Child in Society: A Social Problems Approach
- Introduction to Marriage and Family
- Changing Roles of Women
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
International and Out-of-State student fees for spring 2021 : $3480.00 per 12 credit units
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the AA with an Emphasis in Social Sciences students will:
- Be academically prepared to transfer to a four-year college.
- Be prepared to analyze the influence of culture, economics, family, and society on individual development.
- Identify the consequences of bias on social interactions.
- Have developed skills in critical thinking.
About this institute
Fresno City College
FCC provides the first two years of American university education to help you get where you want to be. Students will receive an American education at an affordable cost. Our students enjoy and benefit from individualized staff guidance, academic counseling,...
Want to know more about Liberal Arts: Emphasis in Social Sciences Associate in Arts Degree? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
British Columbia, Canada
Fresno, United States of America
Fresno, United States of America
Grayslake, United States of America