Neurodiagnostic TechnologistFox Valley Technical College
All available course dates
The Neurodiagnostic Technologist program prepares you, under the supervision of a physician, to study and record electrical activity in the brain and nervous system for purposes of patient monitoring and supporting diagnoses in collaboration with the electroencephalographer. You’ll learn attributes and skills to obtain interpretable recordings of patients' nervous system function. You’ll become skilled in the following areas: communicating with patients, family and other healthcare personnel; taking and abstracting histories; applying adequate recording electrodes and using electroencephalography (EEG), evoked potential (EP), nerve conduction studies (NCS) and polysomnography (PSG) techniques; documenting the clinical condition of patients; and understanding and employing the optimal use of EEG, EP, NCS and PSG equipment, and data recording and documentation. This program includes a supervised practicum experience in a clinical setting while you are enrolled in the program.
Teas Score Requirement
A TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) composite score of 58.7 or above is required for admission to the Pre-Associate Degree Nursing, Dental Hygiene, OTA , Medical Lab, Neurodiagnostic, and Vet Tech Programs.
Students must obtain a C grade in each required general education and core course. If a C grade is not obtained, you will be required to repeat the course.
Students will be required to electronically submit clinical documentation, which includes immunizations, when accepted into core courses.
There is an estimated wait time of two years AFTER your admit term to enter occupational specific courses; while waiting to start occupational specific courses, you may choose to take general education and elective courses required for your degree or diploma program.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Medical Terminology
- Digital Literacy for Healthcare
- Body Structure and Function
- EEG Basic
- Nerve Conduction Studies Basic
- Practicum Introduction
- EEG Advanced
- Evoked Potentials Basic
- Practicum I
- Nerve Conduction Study Advanced
- Evoked Potentials Advanced
- Practicum II
- Polysomnography 1
- Oral/Interpersonal Comm
- College Technical Math 1A
- Intro to Psychology
- English Composition 1
- Think Critically & Creatively
- Introduction to Diversity Studies
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Estimated program cost: $9,841.41
Degree: Associate Degree (AAS)
Credit Points: 60 Credits
- Implement one’s role as a NDT in ways that reflect integrity, responsibility, ethical practices, and an evolving professional identity as a NDT committed to evidence-based practice, caring, advocacy and quality care
- Demonstrate appropriate written, verbal, and nonverbal communication in a variety of clinical contexts
- Integrate social, mathematical, and physical sciences, pharmacology, and pathophysiology in clinical decision making
- Provide appropriate patient centered care across diverse populations and health care settings
- Minimize risk of harm to patients, members of the healthcare team and self through safe individual performance and participation in system effectiveness
- Participate in the multidisciplinary health care team to provide effective patient care throughout the lifespan
- Apply theoretical knowledge to relate to the neurodiagnostic recordings and use information and technology to communicate, manage data, mitigate error, and support decision-making
- Neurophysiology Technologist
- EEG Technologist
- Neurodiagnostic Technologist
- Intra-operative Monitoring
- Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist
About this institute
Fox Valley Technical College
Want to prepare for a career that is cutting edge? At Fox Valley Technical College you get a hands on, high-tech education that prepares you for the workplace of tomorrow. Fox Valley Technical College has been the college of choice...
Why study at Fox Valley Technical College
Fox Valley Technical College focuses on high-tech education.
Want to know more about Neurodiagnostic Technologist? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Palatine, United States of America
Fresno, United States of America
Fresno, United States of America
Carson, United States of America