About this program
Love the outdoors? Have a passion for improving and protecting the environment? If you want to work with natural resources, this program will prepare you for careers such as a fisheries technician, surveyor, soil and water conservationist, wastewater technician or naturalist. Your professional field training will include equipment operation and field data collection for water quality and wastewater analysis, fisheries, forest management, wildlife management and soil analysis. As a technician, you may assist in managing, improving and protecting forests, rangelands and wildlife habitats. Your training also prepares you to provide technical assistance in the conservation of soil, water and related natural resources in a variety of public or private settings.
An academic skills assessment is required for admission into this program or the following: High School GPA of 2.75 or higher (last 10 years) OR provide completion of associate’s or higher degree OR; 165 or higher on your 2014 series GED tests OR; ACT OR SAT OR Accuplacer OR Companion OR Compass (last 3 years) to waive to the general education level; The cost of the Accuplacer assessment is $15.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Plant Identification
- Exploring Natural Resources
- Natural Resources Common Topics
- College Mathematics
- Surveying 1
- Wildlife Mgmt - Nongame and Hunted Species
- Recreation Facilities Maintenance
- Forestry 1
- Soil and Water Conservation
- Environmental Water Quality
- Surveying 2
- Fish Mgmt-Ichthyology,Limnology/Field Pract
- Natural Resources Co-op Experience
- Wastewater Management
- Forestry 2
- Soil and Water Conservation/Engineering
- Forest Recreation Environmental Education
- Written Communication
- General Biology
- Oral/Interpersonal Comm
- General Chemistry
- Intro to Psychology
- Natural Resource Technical Field Experience
- AutoCAD, Introduction to
- Equipment Operation, Horticulture
- OPE Operation & Maintenance
- Wildfire Intro S130/S190/L180
- S212 Wildland Fire Chainsaws
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Tuition fee: $13,000
Please contact the university for more information.
Degree: Associate Degree (AAS)
Credit Points: 66 Credits
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the knowledge and principles utilized to manage natural resource systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify regionally significant flora and fauna.
- Utilize technological and digital tools to analyze and interpret resource management data.
- Develop plans and performs tasks necessary to manage natural resource systems.
- Exhibit the ability to use equipment and demonstrates skills required by natural resource technicians.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate accurately and efficiently using written, verbal and visual methods.
- Forestry & Parks Technician
- Soil & Water Technician
- Survey Technician
- Wastewater & Laboratory Technician
- Water Quality Specialist
- Wildlife & Fisheries Technician
Message the school
About this institute
Fox Valley Technical College
Want to prepare for a career that is cutting edge? At Fox Valley Technical College you get a hands on, high-tech education that prepares you for the workplace of tomorrow. Fox Valley Technical College has been the college of choice...
Why study at Fox Valley Technical College
Fox Valley Technical College, a 2-year public college in Appleton and Oshkosh, Wisconsin, has been the college of choice in this community for over 100 years.
You get high-tech occupational training for the workplace of today, whether you’re preparing for a new career or sharpening your job skills. With over 200 programs to choose from, you can put your career on the fast track.
Want to know more about Natural Resources? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!