About this program
Medical Administrative Professional
Your training will prepare you to effectively organize and supervise the business related tasks of a medical office. You will learn about medical records and records management, insurance claims and medical billing, and office technologies, along with the HIPAA privacy rule and what it means in a medical office. You will also cover medical language, anatomy and physiology, and medical document editing. You'll have the knowledge and experience to start your career in a hospital, clinic, insurance company, or rehabilitation or nursing care facility.
An academic skills assessment is required for admission into this program or the following: High School GPA of 2.75 or higher (last 10 years) OR provide completion of associate’s or higher degree OR; 165 or higher on your 2014 series GED tests OR; ACT OR SAT OR Accuplacer OR Companion OR Compass (last 3 years) to waive to the general education level; The cost of the Accuplacer assessment is $15.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- MS Office Suite, Introduction
- Intro to Medical Administrative Careers
- Medical Terminology
- People Skills for Health Professionals
- Professional Business Writing
- Web Technologies
- Keyboarding Speed Development
- Medical Office Procedures
- Professionalism for Medical Admin. Professionals
- Medical Law, Ethics & Profess
- Body Structure and Function
- Accounting, Principles of
- Health Insurance Principles
- Business Health Documentation
- Business Health Simulation
- Business Health Billing Applications
- Math w Business Apps
- Written Communication
- Psychology of Human Relations
- Oral/Interpersonal Comm
- Intro to Sociology
- Introduction to Diversity Studies
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Tuition fee: $13,000
Please contact the university for more information.
Degree: Associate Degree (AAS)
Credit Points: 60 Credits
- Perform financial practices through analysis of payer data and reimbursement methods.
- Demonstrate professionalism in a healthcare setting.
- Apply technology to administrative functions in a healthcare related setting.
- Apply HIPAA, federal and state law, and regulatory compliance in business health practices.
- Use medical terminology and knowledge of the human body systems in performing essential functions in business health environment.
- Insurance Billing Specialist
- Medical Document Editor
- Claim Processing Representative
- Financial Counselor
- Medical Office Supervisor
- Medical Records Technician
- Patient Accounts Specialist
Message the school
About this institute
Fox Valley Technical College
Want to prepare for a career that is cutting edge? At Fox Valley Technical College you get a hands on, high-tech education that prepares you for the workplace of tomorrow. Fox Valley Technical College has been the college of choice...
Why study at Fox Valley Technical College
Fox Valley Technical College, a 2-year public college in Appleton and Oshkosh, Wisconsin, has been the college of choice in this community for over 100 years.
You get high-tech occupational training for the workplace of today, whether you’re preparing for a new career or sharpening your job skills. With over 200 programs to choose from, you can put your career on the fast track.
Want to know more about Medical Administrative Professional? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!