Laboratory ScienceFox Valley Technical College
About this program
Put on your safety glasses, gloves and lab coat. Laboratories are looking for technicians who are able to assist with basic research and product development. In this program, you can gain the necessary skills for positions in food testing, water, wastewater treatment, environmental and industrial laboratories. You will perform experiments, operate and maintain equipment, make observations and document your results. You will also learn technical writing, laboratory math and project management skills so you’ll be well prepared for the workplace.
An academic skills assessment is required for admission into this program or the following: High School GPA of 2.75 or higher (last 10 years) OR provide completion of associate’s or higher degree OR; 165 or higher on your 2014 series GED tests OR; ACT OR SAT OR Accuplacer OR Companion OR Compass (last 3 years) to waive to the general education level; The cost of the Accuplacer assessment is $15.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- MS Office Suite, Introduction
- Beginning Laboratory Science
- College Success: On Course
- Environmental Lab Science Theory
- Environmental Lab Science Lab
- Math for Laboratory Science
- General Chemistry
- Applied Microbiology
- Database Concepts
- Paper and Packaging Testing Procedures
- Food Laboratory Science Theory
- Food Laboratory Science Lab
- Advanced Laboratory Science
- Lab Science Internship
- DNA Science
- College Mathematics
- General Biology
- Psychology of Human Relations
- Written Communication
- Technical Reporting
- Introduction to Diversity Studies
- Employability Strategies
- Think Critically & Creatively
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Problem Solving
- Leadership Development
- Statistics for Six Sigma
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Estimated program cost: $10,307.44
Degree: Associate Degree (AAS)
Credit Points: 61 Credits
- Perform basic laboratory functions by following standard procedures with proper documentation and validation of results.
- Comply with all regulatory and industry standard procedures and requirements to ensure integrity of laboratory data.
- Analyze samples using good laboratory practices that ensure accuracy and precision.
- Conduct laboratory work to create a safe environment according to documented safety guidelines and procedures.
- Perform database management and advanced laboratory calculations to accurately interpret results using standard laboratory statistical methods.
- Perform standard operating procedures and laboratory tests according to workplace requirements.
- Demonstrate responsible and ethical behavior in all work.
- Communicate results accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate professional behavior through role as laboratory technician.
- Biotechnology Technician
- Environmental Lab Technician
- Food Laboratory Technician
- Dairy Laboratory Technician
- Industrial Laboratory Technician
- Research & Development Technician
- Water & Wastewater Laboratory Technician
Message the school
About this institute
Fox Valley Technical College
Want to prepare for a career that is cutting edge? At Fox Valley Technical College you get a hands on, high-tech education that prepares you for the workplace of tomorrow. Fox Valley Technical College has been the college of choice...
Why study at Fox Valley Technical College
Fox Valley Technical College, a 2-year public college in Appleton and Oshkosh, Wisconsin, has been the college of choice in this community for over 100 years.
You get high-tech occupational training for the workplace of today, whether you’re preparing for a new career or sharpening your job skills. With over 200 programs to choose from, you can put your career on the fast track.
Fox Valley Technical College
Want to know more about Laboratory Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!