If you love airplanes and electronics, this is the degree program for you. As an aircraft electrician, you'll install, inspect, test, repair, and align communication, navigation and flight control systems. You’ll learn the theory and practice of avionics and gain the skills necessary for a career as an entry-level avionics technician. Spend more than half of your time in hands-on experience with modern avionic systems and associated test equipment. When you're done, you'll be ready for certification by the National Center for Aerospace & Transportation Technologies. Once you earn the Aircraft Electronics degree, with only one additional year of instruction, you can also complete the Airframe & Powerplant Mechanics program.
An academic skills assessment is required for admission into this program or the following: High School GPA of 2.75 or higher (last 10 years) OR provide completion of associate’s or higher degree OR; 165 or higher on your 2014 series GED tests OR; ACT OR SAT OR Accuplacer OR Companion OR Compass (last 3 years) to waive to the general education level; The cost of the Accuplacer assessment is $15.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Materials and Installation
- Aeronautics, Introduction to
- Aircraft Electrical Power
- Aviation Regulations & Publications
- DC Circuits 3 - Aircraft/Electromechanical
- DC Circuits 1
- DC Circuits 2
- AC Circuits 1
- Aircraft Instrument Systems
- Basic Avionics Systems
- Aircraft Electrical Systems
- Maintenance Forms & Records
- Technical Drawings & Diagrams
- Avionics Communications
- Avionics Control Systems
- AC Circuits 2
- Semiconductors 2
- Digital Electronics Tech 1
- Digital Electronics Tech 2
- Semiconductors 1
- Avionics Surveillance Systems
- Avionics Navigational Systems
- Written Communication
- College Technical Math 1A
- Survey of Physics
- Oral/Interpersonal Comm
- Intro to Psychology
- FCC License, Preparation for
- Human Factors
- Installation Project 1
- Installation Project 2
- Installation Project 3
- Avionics Co-op 1
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Estimated program cost: $10,758.57
Degree: Associate Degree (AAS)
Credit Points: 63 Credits
- Comply with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules and regulations governing Aviation Maintenance Technicians.
- Demonstrate proper use of standard avionics electronics test equipment.
- Demonstrate recommended safety procedures when working on aircraft.
- Utilize documentation while performing avionics tasks.
- vionics Systems Repair Technician
- Avionics Systems Installation Technician
- Quality Assurance Technician
About this institute
Fox Valley Technical College
Want to prepare for a career that is cutting edge? At Fox Valley Technical College you get a hands on, high-tech education that prepares you for the workplace of tomorrow. Fox Valley Technical College has been the college of choice...
Why study at Fox Valley Technical College
Fox Valley Technical College focuses on high-tech education.
Want to know more about Aircraft Electronics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America
Fresno, United States of America
Chicago, United States of America
Diploma / certificate